“Very good, but expensive”

Harada Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #69 of 101 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I would say Harada has the best sushi and Japanese food in the Morro Bay area. That being said it comes at a steep premium, Harada is pretty expensive for sushi, but the quality is there. It's not the most authentic I've had and has been americanized, but that's not uncommon around here.

All that being said, Harada is still a very good and romantic location.

There are newer reviews for Harada Japanese Restaurant

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I wrote a review of this restaurant last November (2013). I hope that my review did not influence anyone to give it a try . . . and if you did, I hope that your experience was much better than ours on 2/25/14. I'll make it short. Service was adequate but less than enthusiastic. The miso soup was up to par, the sushi appetizer was not --bland and did not seem fresh. I ordered perhaps the most basic of Japanese restaurant staples--Chicken Teriyaki. It was dry and stringy and tasted "off." Anne again tried the Pork Cutlet which was terrible--tough, fatty and gristly! I asked the waiter for an explanation--he offered none. I asked him if the restaurant was going out of business and he said "no." Every restaurant has a bad night (staff shortage, delivery problem, equipment malfunction, etc.) but our experience without an explanation or apology was totally unacceptable. We won't be back.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have eaten at Harada about 6 or 7 times. My experience has been excellent food, lovely fresh, fish, adequate service, relatively expensive, The sushi is esecially good. My only problem is the hard, uncomfortable wooden seats. Lately we have ordered take out and gone elsewhere to eat. Harada's is on the Embarcadero on the east side of the street, which means no ocean views. There are several seafood restaurants across the street that also serve excellent fresh fish and also provide beautiful ocean views.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I have been wanting to try Harada's for years and somehow we always ended up elsewhere. I guess I have been lucky. We went on New Years Day for dinner with friends and couldn't be more disappointed. I should start with the positive, the miso soup and sushi roll were very good. One of my friends had tempura and said it was good as well. Two friends had teriyaki chicken and while not terrible the sauce tasted like it came from a bottle...certainly nothing special. The real star of the bad show was a $35 soup that was advertised as crab, shrimp and fish soup. Two of us made the dreadful mistake of ordering this dish. The soup bowl was the size of a mixing bowl and featured one salad sized mini shrimp, one half broken crab claw that I was able to extract a less than 1/2" square of crab meat from, a small bland piece of white fish, three huge sticks of tofu and a array of bland vegetables - soaking in a dishwater broth. I honestly have never had this bad a dish before and I paid $35 for it. Very slow but friendly service highlighted the evening. This is a one and done for sure.

2  Thank erie.mon
Reviewed 12 December 2013

this place is where to go for fresh fish.. its not foo foo sushi.. its traditional
if U want a volcano deepfried roll covered in mayo sauce.. this isnt the place..
no ground up tuna paste in the spicy tuna rolls.. its actual chunks like it should be.