“Love it”
Review of Sundown Inn

Sundown Inn
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here at the Sundown Inn last year.. I just loved the rooms, they were so clean. I loved that there was a coffee pot, a microwave, and a mini fridge. I felt like I was in my own room. I love the people who run it, they were so sweet. I look forward to bringing my parents with us this year. Thank You for our wonderful visit. Billy and Chris White.

Room Tip: I would get the front rooms, there is a great view of the Rock from the windows.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by the attention to detail in this cute motel! It looked like the rooms had been renovated. The bed had a Victorian type quilt at the bottom of the bed and matching pillow shams and wallpaper border. The ceilings were whitewashed boards. It even had a walk-in closet! We were within walking distance of shops and restaurants.
We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ladydi50CA
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I just retired and am doing a little traveling.I'm staying in North County San Diego and when I get itchie feet I head north on HWY 1.always stop in at Morro bay, and stay at the.Sundown Inn.Very clean and comfy.Right in the middle of town,real close to beach and shops.Owners are very accommodating and nice.I'll be back. Mick from Kona,Hi

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 February 2014

The first thing you can tell about this place is the owners take great pride in ownership. Very nice and helpful. They keep a clean and comfy place. It is like an old school roadside motel-not some chain high rise place. The price is right and it is an easy 2-3 block walk down to the water or the other coffee shop and eateries in the area are walking distance. There is parking right in front of the rooms. Nice to see this inn well reviewed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cubuff1453
Reviewed 20 February 2014

thank you sundown for making my parents stay such a nice time by providing them with their own cozy and comfy space .the bean cake for chinese new year was delicious :)
If you want to stay in a quiet ,friendly and reasonably priced place Sundown is the place for you.
You may not have everything you want but you'll have everything you need.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Katia C
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Home away from home awaits you at the Sundown Inn. Clean rooms, beyond comfortable beds (and dont be shy using the magic fingers - only costs a quarter!) Owners take great pride in their business and guests reap the rewards. Be home at sundown! PDG

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2014

2nd time we have stayed here, and it does not disappoint, the rooms are spotlessly clean,quaint, bed is comfortable. the motel is centrally located and the price well within our budget. We come to Morro Bay often just for some R & R, and have decided this is our new home away from home. Love it here!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple