“Best and cheapest place in California near the sea”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sundown Inn

Sundown Inn
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
“Best and cheapest place in California near the sea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

This is the best and cheapest place I have stayed in my 4 weeks tour in the West coast. So much better than all the more expensive motels by the Sea.

It is clean, super good location, minutes from Morro Bay, have all the amenities you'll need.

Only problem is that they don't have online booking, only via email or phone, and the owners are American taiwanese who do not speak English super well.

These are super minor once you realized you are paying less than 50 bucks a room and the room is great!

Heater, cable TV, wardrobe, dressing table comfy bed, microwave oven, fridge, coffee maker, armchairs and side table, you name it the room has it. What else can you ask for?

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Yunen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Polish first
Tulare, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

This is the latest of 6 trips over the past few years to the Sundowner Motel. As always we had a very enjoyal time . We were given room 14 for the two of us aqnd it was clean and well maintained. The price was excellent as always. Mr. and ms Tan are wonderful hosts. They are very concerned about taking care of their guests and are very cordial to all. We are already planning our next stay. Location is perfect. We park our vehicle and easily walk to the embarcadero and downtown.
A great place to stay. Old retired Fire Captain and beautiful wife of 54 years.

Room Tip: The motel is single story in an "L" shape. All rooms are good.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Had a great stay at the Sundown Inn with husband, our 2 sons and one of their friends. Family rooms 4&5 connected were very comfortable and affordable. Room 4 did smell faintly of cigarette smoke and I mentioned that to owner. She said it's a nonsmoking motel but i know that doesn't mean everyone is compliant. Other than that I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank chaoticmomto3
Visalia, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I stay @ the the Sundown Inn at least once a month. It is very affordable, clean and quiet. The owners are very helpful. Everything is within walking distance. I love that amenities that are offered.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jersjimenez
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here at the Sundown Inn last year.. I just loved the rooms, they were so clean. I loved that there was a coffee pot, a microwave, and a mini fridge. I felt like I was in my own room. I love the people who run it, they were so sweet. I look forward to bringing my parents with us this year. Thank You for our wonderful visit. Billy and Chris White.

Room Tip: I would get the front rooms, there is a great view of the Rock from the windows.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised by the attention to detail in this cute motel! It looked like the rooms had been renovated. The bed had a Victorian type quilt at the bottom of the bed and matching pillow shams and wallpaper border. The ceilings were whitewashed boards. It even had a walk-in closet! We were within walking distance of shops and restaurants.
We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ladydi50CA
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

I just retired and am doing a little traveling.I'm staying in North County San Diego and when I get itchie feet I head north on HWY 1.always stop in at Morro bay, and stay at the.Sundown Inn.Very clean and comfy.Right in the middle of town,real close to beach and shops.Owners are very accommodating and nice.I'll be back. Mick from Kona,Hi

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo