Blue Sail Inn
La Serena Inn(Morro Bay)
Anderson Inn(Morro Bay)
Fireside Inn(Morro Bay)
View Hotel
All reviewsmain buildingcontinental breakfastmorro rockpancake makergreat viewbay view roomhear the sea lionsloved our staydouble queenroom was cleanblow dryercovered parkingrooms are niceyogurtprivate balconyshops and restaurantsgood size
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 June 2013

If you get a balcony room the views are great for sipping a glass of local wine (try the Hearst Ranch Merlot) and watching the sunset with the Rock in full view. Accomodations were very good and the staff pleasant. The walls were paper thin however so I hope that is something they correct soon so that you won't here your neighbors conversation like we did. All in all it was a good experience and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Get the king balcony room
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DancyC
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

Good location for the embarcadero. Steps away from shopping and dinning options. The rooms good size and clean. Bathroon layout odd as no sink (sink in room).

Recommend the bay view rooms rather than town view...

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank seanpg
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I stay a few times each year at the Blue Sail Inn since I have family in the area. I am always a bit surprised at other reviews and their somewhat negative comments. I have tried other motels in Morro Bay, but I like the motel very much, continuing to return for 10 plus years. Their rates are more consistently reasonable even on holidays. I appreciate the cleanliness, the fitted sheets, the ample towels, nice toiltetries, friendly staff. If you stay in the annex as I did, then on a rainy night you can park under the building (street level) and go up the elevator to your room. My favorite rooms are the city view, two queen ( no doubles here that I know of.) The price is right plus the annex rooms have the type of in-room forced air heater I like and not a gas wall heater as so many motels in Morro Bay have and possibly some of the Blue Sail rooms. The staff has always been friendly and accomodating. The location is scenic and convenient, plus I like the architectural style and decor of the hotel -- fitting with the marine environment. A good, solid choice for this town.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BestDealMom
Reviewed 28 December 2012

The Inn fitted in with the slightly out of date motel style of all the hotels in Morro bay. The family room we had with two double beds was a good size, fairly large with comfortable beds. If you listen carefully you can hear the sea lions from your room. Breakfast wasn't very amazing but was free, the biggest complaint would be the room it was served in was cramped and not cosy or relaxing at all. This hotel was ok for a one night stop over but I wouldn't recommend staying there any longer than this.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2012

The hotel was perfectly located for a stopover between LA and SF. The rooms in the annex-building were clean and comfortable with a private balcony and a great view on Morro Rock. Breakfast was cheap especially for the price of the room, which wasn't exactly cheap. But the big disaster was the Wifi connection. There is no Wifi coverage in the annex building. My husband went to the reception and they told him to come to the lobby, where there were only two chairs to sit, if we needed a connection. So the only correct word is "No WiFi connection in the room" . Wouldn't consider staying again if I was in the area again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple