“Relaxing trip”
Review of Blue Sail Inn

Blue Sail Inn
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Blue Sail Inn was exactly what we needed. Clean, well kept rooms with comfortable bedding. Microwave, coffee pot, refrig and free wi-fi. Walking distance to everything. Excellent parking. We truly enjoyed our recent stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Blue Sail Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Hi Gary,
We're glad that the Blue Sail Inn is what you needed. Thank you for mentioning our clean rooms and comfortable bedding. I'm also very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and the amenities that the property offers. We look forward to your return in the future and thank you again for taking the time to share your experience.

There are newer reviews for Blue Sail Inn

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The room was very large & clean. Beds were very comfortable. 3 of us stayed in one double queen and still had pleanty of room. Room had great bathroom set up, with vanity outside so we all 3 could get ready at one time (great). Micro wave, refrig. hair drryer included. Internet too.
great balcony & locaton. Staff friendly and helpful. Did not eat breakfast there, so don't know about that. I'd give it a thumbs up all the way.
Also great covered parking and security elevators.
I would have given higher marks for value, but it was a "graduation week-end" and everything was booked and higher priced than usual. Stayed 2 nights.

Room Tip: ask for balcony & fireplace if you can. Balcony for sure. Only down side, if you could call it...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
General M, General Manager at Blue Sail Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Hi Lynn,
I like to see "Fit our every need" in the title of your review. Thank you for taking the time and letting others know about your experience at the Blue Sail Inn. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I picked the Blue Sail Inn because it was affordable and available the night I was planning to stay in Morro Bay. It met my expectations. The location is very good, very close to the waterfront, but not so directly on it as to be 'too close'. It was easy to find, and also had great parking availability. My room was large, and comfortable, with the facilities I'd expect. The décor, and the 'feel' of the inn were quite dated - it could do with a refresh. But I was only there for one night, so it was completely fine, and I'd wanted something affordable - you get what you pay for, after all. It was mostly clean, but I did find a used sticking plaster (I'm British... the American folks call these 'Band aids') balancing on the shower rail, so I was a little put off by that. It was hidden and probably easily missed, but I guess that showed a lack of attention to detail. I was impressed I could have received a free breakfast, but unfortunately I had to leave early in the morning - too early, before it was served. So can't comment on that. Overall, it was a fine, affordable place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Hi Emily,
Thank you for your feedback on our property. We're glad that we were able to meet your expectations and I'm very sorry for the oversight of the hidden Band-Aid on the shower rail. We pride ourselves on cleanliness and the housekeeping staff has been notified and we hope to better serve you the next time you visit.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Right smack in the middle of town and on a hill, about 100 FT in from the Main Street, we could see the ocean and Morro Rock from this hotel. Accommodations were nice and there were a microwave and refrigerator in the room which is always a plus. Continental breakfast was a little lacking with cold cereals, pastries, and hard boiled eggs, but nothing hot except for beverages. However, there is a restaurant called Dorns next to the hotel which serves a full flown menu. My girls loved the Eggs Benedict but be aware that these are served only on weekends. I researched several other places at Morro Bay but stayed away due to noise issues. Had no such problems at the Blue Sail Inn. Head for town (walking towards the ocean from the hotel) take a right and there is a nice walking path to Morro Rock. It was a nice early morning walk where I spotted 14 sea otters floating on their backs half way out to the rock. Would certainly like to stay here again on my next visit to Morro Bay.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are nice!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Arnold T
General M, General Manager at Blue Sail Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you Arnold for your nice review. The hotel is at a very convenient location to enjoy the Embarcadero and as you mentioned the walking path to Morro Rock. Dorn's does serve a very nice breakfast and it's hard to walk by each morning and not stop in when you smell such good food cooking. We would love to see you the next time you visit Morro Bay too!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

What a fabulous find. Located just a block from the water and shops, this Inn offers spectacular views of Morro Bay and Morro Rock. The room was spacious, clean and nicely decorated. It included a refrigerator and microwave. My bed was quite comfortable. Our room had a balcony that looked out the the bay. The staff was friendly. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks out to the bay
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelCat6078

We're glad that you have found the find of Morro Bay and thank you for mentioning the amenities the hotel offers. The balconies are a nice way to enjoy the natural beauty of Morro Bay. Please come visit us again soon and thanks again for your review.

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Booked the room on advice from a friend. Fantastic choice overlooking the waterfront shops and the bay. Couldn't have been better. I would definitely stay there again. Easy walk to the beach the rock and shops.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank 75montana
General M, Manager at Blue Sail Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you for taking the advice of your friend. We have been having great weather in Morro Bay this March. This makes it very easy to enjoy the walk path to the rock as well as the shops and restaurants. We hope to see you again, Nikki

Reviewed 30 March 2014

The hotel has a very good location close to the harbour and sea. We stayed here for one night. The room was large with large beds but was maybe a bit dated in the design. Everything was clean though. There was a refrigerator, microwave oven, coffe making facilities and a television in the room. Wifi was not complimentary and there is no safe in the room. The bathroom had a shower and bathtub. Breakfast was a tiny buffet with no fresh bread and no hot dishes. The best thing with the hotel was the location.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Swedish_Traveller

Thank you for your recent review and mentioning some of our amenities as well as posting your photos The property IS nicely located to walk to shops and restaurants. I'm sorry for the WIFI confusion. It is complementary and we offer free Wifi support as well. Thanks again, Nikki