“Food Coma!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 97 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Sonora, California
“Food Coma!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

The best Mexican food I have had on the coast! While the venue may be slightly lacking in some aspects to the snobby elitist types, you are not here for atmosphere. You are here for awesome Mexican food. And it delivers in spades!

To start if you get there at the right time (just b4 noon)you are directed to a seat and informed that the chips(homemade) and salsa bar are serve yourself. This helps free up time for the waitress and I enjoyed being able to load up on chips and salsa without having to wait. Two different salsas as well as pickled veges and a fresh jalapeño dry salsa is available.

I was crazy hungry so I ordered a carnitas burrito knowing it was huge from pics on yelp. My wife had the veggie burrito. It was much bigger than her stomach so we brought it back to the hotel. I punished myself by finishing mine, and was ruined for the rest of the day. Food coma! All the tacos coming out of the kitchen looked spectacular as well. Next time for sure.

There was a line out the door not 5 minutes after we got there and it was like that until we left so be prepared to wait if necessary, it is worth it!

Bellingham WA
“Excellent veggie burrito”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

An excellent veggie burrito, first time there. At $9.99 to go, a bit pricey perhaps but very large, though not heavy, owing to a lack of oiliness or cheese. A nice mixture of black beans, rice and a sort of carrot slaw mixture, with fresh and good guac and sour cream on the side. Two meals for me. I was there off-hour so can't speak to the crowdedness or not but I walked in and ordered my burrito to go and was out of there in 5 minutes.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank heywally
“Taco heaven”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I love this place. Ever time I visit Cambria I eat here. Prices are high unless u stick with the fish taco on the menu..I always wanted to try the carrot cake everyone raves about, I got a pc to go. Unfortunately it was very poor. It was way under cooked and raw in the middle. So into the trash it went. What a bummer.

1 Thank K K
DeKalb, Illinois
“Closed on Tuesdays”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I wanted to check this place out based on the good reviews but they are closed on Tuesdays for some reason.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank jmcn5195
San Diego, California
“A Dank Treasure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Great spot we each order two tacos .
It was huge and most importantly very tasty. Great staff, Great Beers and wine.
The place gets busy because it's damn good.

1 Thank Craig B