“Great view and great value.”
Review of Fireside Inn

Fireside Inn
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

This hotel was 1 block from the ocean. We had a beautiful view of the ocean and Morro Rock. Restaurants and shopping within walking distance. Free parking and wi-fi. The manager in the office was friendly and helpful. The room was clean. I would recommend this hotel to any one going to this area. It is close to many small cities.

• Stayed: June 2013
There are newer reviews for Fireside Inn

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Basic but clean. Good sized rooms but very little sound proofing so would suggest an upstairs room.

Bed comfortable with only one pillow but asked for extras at reception and got them straight away.

Fridge, coffee maker and microwave in room, plus a fake fire!

Coffee and pastries/muffins at reception in the morning.

Great location, just one street back from seaside.

Not the best place we have stayed but by no means the worst either. You get what you pay for.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

Don't expect too much. It's an older motel that they seem to be renovating and it was clean. The carpet smelled brand new. The staff was friendly and helpful. Bring your own pillow unless you like them really flat. Unfortunately, even though we had an end room, it was terribly noisy. For some reason all of the conversational noise that we heard came from the room upstairs. (We know this because my daughter was next door so we knew the voices weren't hers.) We also had to endure very heavy footsteps above us. At first I thought it was heavy walkers, but my daughter pointed out the outdoor stairs outside of her room. She said that we were hearing the stair traffic and people walking on the upstairs walkway. On the plus side, there was a refrigerator, microwave, fireplace and a real closet.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Even for the $44 cost I will go anywhere else. I make it a point to be pleasant to all stores I enter including lodging. Owner appeared to be annoyed that I walked in. Never greeted me nor had anything to say when I checked out. Extra nagatives. Visible dust on floor. Filthy window curtain. No bath mat.Loud water pipe hammer. Paper thim walls and ceiling. Missing light bulbs. Flat pillows. If you don't mind bad housekeeping, noise and voices of other travelers, uncomfortable pillows and surley proprieter, by all means stay here. I never will again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Bill H
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I really wanted to love this place. I read some of the reviews that seemed hard on the property, but I thought I would give it a go because it is a motel and I wasn't expecting a resort. The property is in a great location - walking distance to the wharf. The bed was not comfortable nor were the pillows. It could be a fun location quirky property with a little renovation. The carpet is old and that close to the water may be the source of smell noted by previous reviewers. The room was clean as was the bathroom. We had a small balcony that was kind of fun as was the little electric fireplace. The front office staff could have been a little more helpful (we asked for dinner recommendation on the wharf and they had none to offer). The coffee maker in the room did not work. We spent less than $60 for a Thursday night stay...I would have gladly spent a little more for a more comfortable bed and pillow.

Room Tip: If you're looking for wifi - ask for a room closer to the office where the signal is stronger.
4  Thank clwoolst
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Spacious room with refrigerator and microwave. Clean but no bath tub. Located close both to the beach and the downtown area, well within walking distance. Friendly staff and free wi-fi. Quiet and not too much traffic noise with extra pillows.

1  Thank Kath M
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Not fancy but clean with king size bed, good size room and bathroom. and an excellent location from the water front.Plenty of parking and coffee maker in the room. I really have nothing more to say but I have to have 200 characters to complete this survey.

Room Tip: Stay on the 2nd floor.