Holland Inn
Comfort Inn Morro Bay(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
US$142
Harbor House Inn(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
US$73
Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$124
Best Western Tradewinds(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
US$108
BestWestern.com
Masterpiece Hotel(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$103
Travelocity
Blue Sail Inn(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$122
Travelocity
Bayfront Inn(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$129
Travelocity
Sundown Inn(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
US$90
Travelocity
Estero Inn(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
US$250
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We knew what to expect based on previous reviews of this property, so we weren't too concerned with the not-so-perfect things we experienced. We stayed 1 night to sleep during a 20hr roadtrip for our 1 year wedding anniversary. The TV was either not plugged in or did not work (We were not about to try to move the armoire it was in, to figure it out at midnight), and most of the lights in the room were burnt out. There were only two out of six or seven that worked. The property does need some cosmetic work, as it is a bit older.

On the good side, the owners were very sweet. We called twice on our way to Morro Bay to let them know that we were running later than anticipated (so that our room wasn't given to someone else) - and when we checked in after midnight they still offered warm smiles and thank you's. The room was clean, no bugs, no concerns about safety. The parking lot is small as other reviews have stated (don't try to park your big rig there and you'll be fine) but our little Nissan had no problems. There was a microwave and fridge in the room, which were great for your drinks and microwave meals while on the road! We slept comfortably and had nice showers with enough hot water; so this hotel met our immediate needs.

I would stay again for a 1 nighter, but for more than 1 night I would likely choose to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This is a family run motel. The building is out dated but, I found that everything works well and our room was very clean. Beds were good, room is heated, but no A/C. Nice views of the rock. I booked from the hotel website saving $20.00 from Expedia, and thought what I paid was worth it. I would return.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robert K
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

U can see the sea from hotel. Parking
Walkable distance to restaurants ..
I went to China dragon.. for me it's delicious food ......
if possible.............go for sunset at nearby beach..don't miss ....

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 25 August 2013

On road trips we try and stay at least one night in a non chain, roadside kind of place. On our recent trip down the California coast, the Holland Inn was it.

We don't go on vacation to watch tv, or go to spas, or lounge around a hotel all day. What we want are clean, safe, comfortable rooms for a decent price. This fit the bill completely.

Room was clean, furnishings a little dated, but still in good shape, had a fridge and microwave, and was quiet. What else can you ask for when the rate was so low? This isn't a Hampton, and doesn't carry a Hampton rate, so you have to set your expectations somewhere.

No pool, parking can be a little cramped, and no a/c in our room. We felt safe and secure, I really doubt the family running the place would put up with anything from any guests. Breakfast was some cereal and yogurt, I could,not find any milk and the juice thing was empty. I wasn't expecting anything though.

So all said and done, we'd go back. Basic, clean, safe accommodations on the coast, what else do you want?

Room Tip: Stay away from the road, had a good breeze on the north side through the room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This is the WORST hotel I have EVER stayed at. Old, run down, dirty, no a/c (yes its technically coastal area so maybe they think its okay not to have a/c but it is humid & sticky) avoid at all costs. Just walking in felt dirty, and I'm not that picky. The bedding looks like its from the 60's and not in a cute way. Upon arrival: first, at almost 4 in the afternoon, none of the rooms are ready, and the owners are rude. Second, when you book online on priceline and then arrive, they magically increase the price. Third, they say pet friendly but we were charged $30 extra dollars for our pets, had I had known this, I would have booked a better hotel with the extra $ that didn't charge for pets such as the motel 6 we stayed at in ventua beach or the Travelodge we stayed at in Lompoc. Needs SERIOUS updating but I doubt the owners will update as they seem money hungry and don't care if their customers are satisfied.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family