“Got Hooked by Bookingsdotcom”
Review of Holland Inn

Holland Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Morro Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This place is a dump. Dirty room, plumbing issues, smells. The sheets are thinner than toilet tissue. Staff is not so friendly and appeared insulted when I brought issue to their attention. Location is not what they say.... next to grocery store and dumpster in back. There is water shortage in CA but you will need to run gallons and gallons to get hot water to the sink/shower.

There is a Best Western next door...........

Room Tip: I wish there were one.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David H

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I would not suggest staying here unless you want to be yelled at, disrespected, and cheated out of your money. I was going to stay here for a few nights with my husband while I visited family. We had looked it up online and called and saw the average price was $30 a night. When we walked in, the lady asked how many people, we said two, she immediately YELLED at us "No traffic! No visitors! Your not having a party here!" My husband and I looked at each other very confused, we are both in our late 20's, and I am very visibly pregnant....what made her assume we were going to be having a party? We assured her that its just us and that we are just here visiting family. She then said "$50 for a room." Again, we were confused as we had called just yesterday and were told $30. When we mentioned we had called and were told $30 she said "Ok, I will do $40." We didn't want to argue with her further, so my husband told her he was going to book the room through Expedia and we would be back shortly. She immediately got defensive and asked why, he told her because its only $30 on Expedia. She started yelling at us again, telling us we were lying and that was not enough money. Appalled, my husband and I said "thank you, but I think we will stay somewhere else" and walked out of the office. She then proceeded to follow us to our car, yelling at us "35 dollars, you can stay for one night! $30 is too little! You book with us, 35 dollars!" I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, the service is just terrible, I have NEVER been treated so poorly by someone working in customer service.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SATB18
Reviewed 17 January 2014

the room isn't bad, it's nice and cheap. the weird thing was when we were in the office paying for the room the woman working (whom barely spoke broken english at best) swiped my friend's card to charge for the room and also took my friend's credit card and ID and wrote down her credit card number, the little code on the back, her first and last name, expiration date, and first and last name. when my friend asked if it was necessary to take down all that information and what they were going to do with her information, the woman didn't have a response other than it was "procedure for everyone." seems a little shady. also, the woman asked for her passport after seeing on my friend's ID that we are from iowa. she thought iowa was a different country. super weird.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Libby D
Reviewed 15 January 2014

If you have any shred of self-respect you may want to choose another motel. While not a bad property, the family that owns and operates it just does not believe in basic courtesy in dealing with guests. During a recent stay, after I'd paid and checked in, a woman yelled at me from across the parking lot: "You must move your car!" When I didn't do it fast enough she came pounding on the door, again demanding that I move my car. The reason? It was their day to seal-coat the parking lot, which no one mentioned at check-in. No "could I please ask you to move your car" or "thank you for you for your understanding" or "sorry for the inconvenience", but a demand to move my vehicle, as if I worked for her! I figured maybe she was having a bad day so didn't complain and didn't complain about the smell and noise of the blacktopping all day right outside my window. But the next morning I got a phone call at 8am, from the same woman TELLING me, not asking me, to move my car again, this time to the supermarket next door! Well, my visit was already ruined but I had been planning on staying till checkout and possibly a second night until I learned they were seal-coating again all day. So I had to leave early and when I told the woman at checkout how dissatisfied I was I got nothing but excuses. When I asked her why she hadn't told me about the seal-coating at check-in, her English got suddenly very bad and couldn't understand a word I said. Couldn't even bring herself to apologize.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank LEN B
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We were very happy with this motel. It is right along the coast highway and a great stop over on a trip up or down the coast. It is very dated ( it was sorta cool) , but clean, well kept and very inexpensive. We were just looking for an overnight . It is right off Rt. 1. We found the staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We knew what to expect based on previous reviews of this property, so we weren't too concerned with the not-so-perfect things we experienced. We stayed 1 night to sleep during a 20hr roadtrip for our 1 year wedding anniversary. The TV was either not plugged in or did not work (We were not about to try to move the armoire it was in, to figure it out at midnight), and most of the lights in the room were burnt out. There were only two out of six or seven that worked. The property does need some cosmetic work, as it is a bit older.

On the good side, the owners were very sweet. We called twice on our way to Morro Bay to let them know that we were running later than anticipated (so that our room wasn't given to someone else) - and when we checked in after midnight they still offered warm smiles and thank you's. The room was clean, no bugs, no concerns about safety. The parking lot is small as other reviews have stated (don't try to park your big rig there and you'll be fine) but our little Nissan had no problems. There was a microwave and fridge in the room, which were great for your drinks and microwave meals while on the road! We slept comfortably and had nice showers with enough hot water; so this hotel met our immediate needs.

I would stay again for a 1 nighter, but for more than 1 night I would likely choose to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple