“Great seaside motel”

Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Arizona
“Great seaside motel”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

This was exactly what we were looking for in a place to spend a night and explore Morro Bay. We love seaside motels that are well kept, welcoming, and quiet. We're big walkers, so the short walk (about three blocks I think) to the embarcadero was very enjoyable for us. The room itself was clean and comfortable. There was plenty of space for us and our belongings as well as a great little refrigerator and very comfy bed. If you need a hearty breakfast to get you going in the morning, I'd recommend one of the restaurants on the embarcadero. The continental breakfast included coffee, juice, and muffins...which was a great snack to tide us over. Mihir was very nice and personable. It was wonderful getting to know him and hearing his stories. He also offered great insight on the local climate as we began our trip up the coast. We will definitely stay at one of his family's properties again (either this one in Morro Bay and/or the one in Monterey) when booking in the future. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sumerseas
Priscilla K, Manager at Morro Bay Sandpiper Inn, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Hello There!

Thank you for the review. I am happy that you liked the stay with us and that you came. I hope to have new local information and more stories for you next time you come. It was my pleasure making you feel at home. Have a great and sunny day !

Mihir Patel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Fresno, California
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I was looking for an inexpensive getaway for my husband and myself. This place was reasonable. If you're looking for luxury, this isn't it, but if you're looking for a place to lay your head...it works :)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 555Nork
Priscilla K, Manager at Morro Bay Sandpiper Inn, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Hello There!

Thank you for the wonderful review. I am glad you enjoyed it. We may not bee a five star yet but I am glad to have fulfilled your needs. Thank you for staying with us.
We hope you will find many new changes on your next visit here.

Have a great day.

Mojave, California
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I have been staying at this hotel, every time I have gone to Morro Bay, for the past three or four years. Though it has been purchased by other people, this hotel is still a very good, clean place to stay. The prices are reasonable and the people who own and run the property are nice personable people. This hotel is located where the beach and shopping are easily accessible, with a great view of Morro Rock. A nice continental breakfast is also offered here. I would highly rate this establishment..

Room Tip: All rooms are nice...I prefer the room right below the stairs, but I am unable to remember the numbe...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank paul c
Priscilla K, Manager at Morro Bay Sandpiper Inn, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Hello Paul,

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad that you enjoy your stay here with us.
The rooms that were under the stairs are room numbers 1, 7 and 10. I hope to see you again.
Have blessed sunny day.

El Dorado Hills, California
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Made reservations months in advance of our group's April 19 arrival. I asked, and was confirmed for a two queen bed room by Mr. Patel. I told him that I would make the reservation with a credit card, but would pay for the reservation in cash upon my arrival since I was splitting the cost of the room.

Well, arrival time came on that Friday night. I spoke with the gentleman at the desk about the cash payment. I was told that Mr. Patel did not work there anymore, and that my credit card had already been charged the full amount that morning, and No! he would not issue a credit and accept cash for our stay. Also, I was given a two double bed room instead of two queen room. The man at the check in desk just smiled.

On a positive note, the room was very clean.

Will not stay here again, and I doubt our group will call upon this establishment for our annual stay again.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere if you can. Better bargains exist within a few blocks.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Priscilla K, Manager at Morro Bay Sandpiper Inn, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Hello Sir,

I am sorry for the confusion my desk clerk caused. He is fairly new to the position and I had stepped out that day. I would have gladly helped out when I returned the next morning. I assumed you gentlemen were all ok as no one came forward to ask anything. Everyone seemed to be having a great time sitting in a circle and enjoying wine.

However I do apologize for misunderstandings caused.

Have a great and sunny day ahead.

Los Angeles
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I, apparently, had picked a bad weekend for just wandering down the coast because there were several car shows in the area and rooms were scarce. I felt fortunate to find this motel. When we drove up, I'll be honest to say that our stomachs fell just a bit, however, it turned out that this was little was just fine. It actually reminds me of motels in days past, that were little mom & pop run places. The room was impeccably clean, the furnishings, while not fancy, were certainly decent, and the bathroom (most importantly, along with the cleanliness of the bed) was very clean. I wish I had seen the TripAdvisor tip below that said to make reservations through the motel itself, because we paid $89 a night, which actually came to just over $100 with room tax. It did say that breakfast was included, but when I went into the little, tiny lobby, there were small pieces of coffee cake. Thanks, but no thanks. :-)
If you are on a budget, or can't find a room in a motel more to your liking, you can trust this place, if is completely decent and affordable.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello There,

I am glad you liked your stay with us. I am sorry but we do not offer hot breakfast. As we are a budget motel we try to offer an much choices to our continental breakfast. We also keep our rooms as clean as we can for your satisfaction.

Have a great day.
Buckinghamshire, UK
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

Traditional motel near the sea. We had a couple of nights here with our two children in two interconnecting rooms. Very comfortable and clean with the bonus of breakfast. Excellent value for money. Would not hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed April 2013
Hello Sir,

I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I am happy to have offered the connecting rooms to you. This makes a vacation special! Hope to see you again.

San Diego, California
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Old two story unit with clean rooms. The shampoo was nice. The bed was comfortable. The location was very convenient. Unfortunately you could here every thing from the room above, both sides and out front. And the price seemed too high for the accommodations. I will not return.

• Stayed March 2013
Hello there,

I hope you are enjoying your day. Thank you for the review. I am sorry that the neighbors were rowdy and were noisy. There are things that the hotel cannot control sometimes. I would have gladly asked them to lower their voices if I would have heard from you. I hope that wont be an issue next time. Have a great day.

Thank you.