All reviews one night friendly manager room was clean nice view stay there again small fridge coffee maker short walk main street los angeles road trip shops and restaurants sea lions motel embarcadero rock cereal
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Clean room, but the reception staff not very helpful, the person at the reception, would't give us a little bit of butter or margarine to spread on our bread for breakfast. The breakfast was very simple and full of sugar! Sort of muffins, orange juice, milk, sweet cereal, so please if you need breakfast go to the supermarket for the supplies.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Well the hotel is not bad not good. Just good enough for a overnight stopover. The room and bathroom are clean but really lack any character. The WiFi is free but almost non existent. Morro Bay is a quaint town to stop while visiting Hearst Castle and the hotel is good value for money to sleep one night. But no more then one night.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ZvonimirSiljkovic
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My girlfriend and I needed somewhere to stay on our travels between LA and San Fran. Morro bay seemed like an idyllic little water-front city, ideal for a stopover. Coming from a long distance with many stops along the way, the owner Mihir was kind enough to accommodate our late arrival. The rooms were clean and comfortable with clear views of the pacific ocean and that big old rock. My girlfriend and I had a very pleasant stay and would recommend to anyone doing the Pacific Highway.

Date of stay: August 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My room was spotless. The staff, from the front desk to the cleaning lady, were wonderful. The view (other than the tree in the way) was perfect. I have only two TINY complaints. First, the block north of the motel (heading into downtown) did not have sidewalks, and the street that ran west by the place did not go to the Embarcadero, meaning that the stroll to the downtown shops and to the tourist traps was a little less than perfect (but a block or two additional walk did me good to wear off all the seafood I was consuming). Second, probably because of water rationing, the water pressure in my room was horrible. I could not rinse the shampoo out of my hair when I showered. I don't know if it was that way throughout, but it was a problem in my room.

It was worth the money. It was a pleasant stay -- I would recommend it, anytime.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The SandPiper Inn is in a great location just a couple of blocks from the waterfront. It was very pleasant to take a leisurely stroll down to the ocean to watch the sunset.

Check in was easy and quick with very pleasant service. The rooms are standard motel rooms but are comfortable, quiet and everything functioned well.

I would certainly stay here any time I visit Morro Bay.

• Trip type: Travelled solo