“A real surprise package”

and 1 more site!
Marina Street Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 5 Morro Bay B&B and Inns
Canberra, Australia
“A real surprise package”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

What a way to start a stay: Have a glass or two of one of three wines. Claudia was so positive, helpful and friendly. The room by the way was a bit beyond our expectation too as it was all decked out in a marine theme. Fabulous location and just a short walk to the boardwalk where lots of views and restaurants were equally receptive. Our breakfast was another pleasant surprise: fresh tasty peaches and other fruit; french toast with almond and orange bread and tasty sausages cooked in orange. The setting was so comfortable we didn't want to leave. I would suggest a couple of nights there and you won't be disappointed. How anyone could rate this place less is beyond my imagination. Were they awake??? Good luck to you Claudia!!
To the rest of you, give it a try. Ron and Liz from "down-under"
\

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ron E

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 25 July 2012

This B&B is better than staying at a hotel or worse- motel! The room was very comfortable and elegant. The value was outstanding, especially compared to the other hotels/ motels in the area. Claudia, the owner was very gracious and served a great breakfast! We were able to come and go as we pleased without disturbing others, which was a concern since we had a wedding to go to. So happy we decided to go with this B&B! We would do it again!

• Stayed July 2012
Winnetka, IL
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I'll admit it--we went to meet the sweet dog Trap but stayed to enjoythe charmingly-decorated b and b and hostess Claudia as well. Trap is as loving, gentle, and entertaining dog as you'll ever come across. He also poses nicely for photo opportunities.
Each of the four guests rooms is decorated according to a different theme and are all charming. The rooms are all spacious with a lovely sitting area and private bath. Claudia is an experienced and warm hostess, who provides a well-prepared breakfast with a different table setting each morning. Wine is served each afternoon at 5:30 in the comfortable living and was a pleasant way to visit with Claudia and the other guests and get in more "face time" with Trap. Claudia is a very accommodating innkeeper and adjusted the breakfast time for guests who needed to catch a flight or drive to a booked tour at the Heast Castle.

We enjoyed excellent seafood dinners at two restaurants in Morro Bay that Claudia recommended and used the inn as a base to visit the Morro Rock, Solvang, Moonstone Beach, and the monarch butterfly winter haven in Pizmo State Park. In fact, as we first walked up to the inn through the front yard flower garden, we saved a monarch butterfly who was caught in a spider web!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank indianahoosier77
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Yes cogratulaltions to Claudia the owner. Really lovely Bed and Breakfast in a pretty, well worth a visit town. Claudia made us so welcome as well. I was upset though I missed out on the welcome drink because we arrived so late.

Venice Beach House if your reading in LA, please note, this is what I would expect from a B&B.

Excellent value for money. My only slight comment and not a critism is that we were surprised with the size of the breakfast but great quality.

If you stay in the Rose Room you'll see that someone fairly well known has stayed there. Good for the B&B.

Morro Bay is a fishing village that is well worth a look. We took a boat out to see Whales but did not see any but plenty of dolphins. The company offered vouchers to people to go again. We thought that was a nice gesture. Good restaurants. There is a big power station that spoils the look of the place though, otherwise brilliant. Just like a scene from Jaws.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Norco
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We have been to Morro Bay before, but were looking for a B&B this time.
What a wonderful find. We went with another couple and they loved it too.
Claudia, the owner, is lovely, and the rooms were so comfortable and well decorated. The breakfasts were really delicious, especially the french toast!!

We have already booked our next visit. I would highly recommend this B&B.

Shari Hilditch

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed 6 January 2011

My boyfriend and I came here for two nights-New Year's Eve and Day-and had an amazing time at our very first Bed and Breakfast. The room exceeded my expectations in its loveliness (see my pics). The shower--ahhh, I can't remember the last time I had such a good shower! The house dog, Trapp, is adorable. He is very quiet and gentle in his quest for attention and will sneak up and glue his head to your leg. I am crazy for him! Our host Joe was very nice, laid back, attentive, and, I must add, a fine cook! He made an exceptional quiche the first morning. The coffee was quite good too, so I got many refills :) Thanks Joe! There was also wine and snacks each evening in the living room, which was a nice touch (especially by the fire!)

I love the randomness of hanging out with other guests in what feels like somebody's house. The B&B experience is just so much more memorable and unique than a hotel. As my boyfriend put it, it's like a hostel for older people. Well, we're 30 and 32, but perhaps we've outgrown the hostel scene. I can't wait to try other B&Bs now, but I imagine it'll be hard to top our first! Morro Bay is lovely too. There are some awesome birding spots in the area, including Sweet Springs Nature Preserve, which was great even in the rain!

The only negative things I can think of were: 1) the view of the rock from the room wasn't much of a view (unless you like utility wires! see pic) and 2) I got meat on my plate both mornings even though I specified that I'm a vegetarian. But I'll still give it five stars, or circles rather! ;)

*I should also mention, cause I know I often find this info missing when I'm researching, that the rate was $140/night for the Bordeaux Room and there was a 13% tax.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JenniferJacobs
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 14 September 2010

I can't say enough how quaint and romantic this B&B is. The rooms are lovely, the location is perfect, and the staff is as friendly as they come. We arrived late and unfortunately were unable to enjoy the included wine on the back patio, but breakfast was simply delicious and obviously home made. The room was spotless and well decorated. There was even an assortment of DVD's in the credenza for the TV/DVD player. Overall the Morro Bay area was just what I was looking for and a perfect romantic stop on the way up or down the coast. I only wished I could have arrived sooner and spent a full day exploring Morro Bay and all it has to offer. I don't think there could be a better option to stay and for a reasonable price. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple