“short staffed, most deep fried foods”
Review of Rose's Bar & Grill

Rose's Bar & Grill
Ranked #40 of 100 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Located right on the water in Morro Bay, Rose's Bar and Grill is a family friendly sports bar offering classic American and seafood dishes. Join us today!
Nanoose Bay, Canada
“short staffed, most deep fried foods”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We arrived at Rose's at around 6:30 on Friday night. Cold, cloudy night. Outside seating with propane heaters was too cold even with coats that we sat inside which was also freezing...Everybody was wearing coats zipped up! My wife ordered fish tacos which were OK. I ordered a "combo" which was a deep fried mess of calamari, whitefish and 2 imported prawns. Greasy like a drive in. Bottle of Pinot Grigiot was the highlight @ $22.00.

One server, one bartender and one busser all run off their feet, needed 3 more staff, doors closed for heat and a little more light..Would never go back, very unimpressive.

• Visited February 2014

Colby, Kansas
“Little bit of everything..great place!”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Plenty of great choices on this menu! Nicole had a well made frozen margarita while I had a dollar off draft beer. Prompt service in a laid back bayside atmosphere. Lots of televisions as well as great views of the bay. Nicole enjoyed her lobster and shrimp tacos and my mahimahi burrito with tomato tortilla was fantastic! At only $31 we were absolutely satisfied with this delicious dinner and drinks! Highly recommend!

• Visited December 2013
“Great Waitress, horrible food.”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Outstanding waitress, she went out of her way to make our dinning ecxperience pleasurable. Hard to do when the food is so bad. You would think a restaurant on the coast would know how to cook seafood, but not this place. My Halibut was as dry as shoe leather and about as tasteless, the potatos were not much better. They were obviously made the day before and reheated. This is possibly the worst food I have eaten, I would have given fw=ewer stars if it was not for Katie our server, great job Katie.

• Visited November 2013
Santa Clarita, California
“Good food, excellent service”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Looking for a reasonably priced dinner on a Saturday night, we (3 adults and 1 child) wandered into Rose's, and I'm glad we did! It was about 8:30, and while we could tell they were going to be closing soon (the musicians were packing up), we were welcomed by the attentive staff.

Rose's is comfy and, as another reviewer said, unpretentious: for us, it was perfect after a long day at the Harbor Festival.

I had the hot crab sandwich and it was delicious and filling! Lots of crab, avocado, cheese, and Louie dressing on toasted sourdough. The sandwich came with fries that were hot and crispy. One friend had the individual pizza (and loved it), while the other had the fish and chips and said they were excellent (she's a picky eater from England, so this is high praise indeed!). Rose's also has a full bar and a good assortment of beers and local wines. Service throughout our meal was friendly and attentive.

We'll be returning to Morro Bay in December, and Rose's will be on the itinerary.

• Visited October 2013
Camarillo, California
“Fun atmosphere”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We had a very nice server - a lot of fun and made us feel like he really cared about our experience. Drinks were good, crabcake appetizer was great, and the shrimp and lobster tacos were really delicious. I thought everything was nice, from the atmosphere including the view, to the food, to the service. Everyone working there seemed nice. I did see minorities in the restaurant and I didn't notice that they seemed anything but happy, but I wish I had read the previous review before I tried the restaurant. I would have been looking out for that kind of trouble. I wouldn't want to support any establishment that doesn't treat all fairly. But I can only comment on my experience and it was good!

• Visited November 2013