“I am sure 48 hours without sleep are more relaxing than taking a room here.”

Seaside Inn Morro Bay
Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Berlin, Germany
“I am sure 48 hours without sleep are more relaxing than taking a room here.”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

This is, single-handedly, the worst place I've ever stayed in, including budget accomodation like youth hostels, hostels and hiker bunkhouses.
The motel is old, the rooms smell strongly, the whole place just emits an aura of unhealty dirtyness. To make matters worse, the place was "renovated" some time ago: There's a brand-new single lever faucet mounted to the cracked washing basin. Only the mounting holes do not fit properly, so it wobbles around. There is no storage space at all anywhere in the bathroom, not a single surface you could put your toiletries on. Of course, there's paint missing and two holes in the wall below the mirror where one once was. There might be a flatscreen TV, but it looks horrible out-of-place in a room that has not seen any care since the middle of the last century.

Add to that service "specialties" like not a single grown-up person being present for checkout, but an about ten-year-old girl looking at me with big eyes "You want a receipt?" She told me her mum would be there any minute. Twenty minutes later, I asked her to call her mum. She did. Five minutes later, she arrived - by car. I do not understand the reasoning behind leaving the front desk unattended in the hour between the end of breakfast time and the latest possible check-out time, as that's when most customers check out.

I think the fact that my girlfriend had a shower right before checking out to get the room of her tells all you need to know about this place: You should avoid it.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Shafter, California, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2012

i put my card down to hold this room for my parents and they paid in cash when they checked out & the receptionist told them that my card would not be charged, but they charged it for the full amount anyways. when i called about their mistake, the lady i spoke to was very rude & did not want to help me. i will NEVER recommend for anyone to stay at this hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Morro Bay hotels

Ridgecrest, California, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I held the room with my credit card when i got there they told me they would give me a discount
if i paid in cash so i Did. Guess what? Yep they charged my card for the full amount. Dont go there the place is a dive. Scum bag people running it.

Room Tip: Dont go here
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pete M
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 17 December 2011

My coupon option was $35 plus $10 for a Friday evening. That worked out to about $51. The hotel is an older place. There are now Travelodge signs draped over the Anchor Inn so it appears this location is becoming part of the Wyndham chiain of franchised motels.

For the money I got everything I want. A queen sized bed, a small refrigerator. A kitchen sized microwave. The only thing I don't like is the 10x12 inch electric heater that's up on the wall. We came here in December and it does the job. There's no A/C or swimming pool. No problem.

The motel appears to be well remodeled. There's new windows and reasonably new beds. Our room was very small but is freshly painted and the bathroom is alright too. No bathtub but it has a stand up shower that's more than big enough for two to share.

Room Tip: We got our HotelCoupons.com coupon book from McDonalds.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank UnionSparky
Oldsmar, Florida
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We had a coupon for offering $39.95 / night. After checking out a nearby option that was very dicey, we settled on this one, but the manager hiked the price by $5 for some reason not readily apparent on the coupon ... something like this being their 'summer rates'. Rather than fight it, I aquiesced, but let's just say that it didn't leave a good first impression. The rooms, despite being off the main drag, had little sound protection from the street noise and the area was run down. The breakfast was the worst of the continental offerings we'd had on the trip.
I kept wishing we'd looked at one or two more options and found a nicer place. This one depressed me, even at $51 on a week night.

Room Tip: just don't ....
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Stayed in this hotel for one night. Could not wait to leave. Hotel is a dump! Rooms are very dirty and smelly with mold and Indian food. Walls are thin as paper, snoring from next door kept me awake all night. Mattress like a board. No heat or air in rooms. No soap or shampoo either. Hotel staff very rude and unfriendly. After I complained manager yelled at me instead of apology. On top of that hotel management are dishonest and thieves, charged me double rate. I had to contest it with credit card company. Fortunately I had document from booking agent of agreed rate.
STAY AWAY from them!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Bit B
Watsonville, California
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Nothing fancy but a good spot to stay while visiting the area. Rooms are clean and very affordable for a few days stay while wine tasting in the Paso Robles area. Great location to waterfront.....

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple