Best Western El Rancho
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Bayfront Inn(Morro Bay)
View Hotel
All reviewsmexican restaurantsingle storywafflessan simeonshort drivehearst castlethe breakfast areafront officecentral coastceiling fanview of the oceanrooms are cleanbed was comfortablechecking inconvenient locationmorro rockgreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Quality for investment is GREAT especially for a doggie friendly hotel. They extend the warm welcome to "fido" and provide amenities. Highly recommend this comfortable rest spot. King size bed is very comfortable and so are the 4 pillows are provided. Doggie run on the beach is just a short distance North up Hwy 1 with parking along the ocean and No Leach is required. Go Doggie run free.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BestWestern E, Manager at Best Western El Rancho, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

We are so glad that you and your puppy enjoyed your stay with us!!! We do provide you with the pet basket in your room when you arrive with all of the supplies that you and your friend need while staying with us. We also have lots of pet friendly restaurants in the area and a dog park and beach very close by as well. We do hope that you come and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed on our way home from Northern California. Received a call to find out if we would be there by 10:00 which we were not. They left directions on how to get our key and gave us our room number as the office closed at 10:00. When we arrived at midnight, the key was where we had been told it be but it was extremely disconcerting to get to our room and find the door ajar. Our daughter was very uncomforable about staying although it did not appear that anyone had been in there and was likely an accident. When I let the front desk know in the morning, they apologized but did not appear to be very concerned.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
BestWestern E, Manager at Best Western El Rancho, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

We are very sorry that you did not feel safe staying with us. We do have management on site 24 hours a day while our lobby does close at 10pm, which was mentioned in your late night envelope with the phone number to call for concerns or emergencies as well as the night bell. We wish that you would have let us know sooner how uncomfortable you were entering the room and we could have addressed the situation better by moving your room or letting you out of your reservation if you wished. It was obviously an oversight that the door was left ajar as that is not a standard practice we have.

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I rented a room so I, my 4 year old and a friend could use the pool during our recent heatwave. I had no intention of actually staying over as I live right around the corner. I arrived at 11:45 to an empty hotel, mid-week. When I went into the lobby the woman told me I could not check in until 3:00 pm and to return then. I've stayed at many hotels and never been denied check in early when the hotel was nearly vacant. I left, returned at 3:00 with my daughter and friend and was told I had to pay $20 to have my guests swim with me for insurance purposes. In the meantime 3 local girls were using the pool and were clearly not registered guests. In fact, when they left they waved to the person in the lobby and walked back in the direction of their homes! I know they are locals because as stated I too am a local. I am disgusted at the customer service and the double standard. Pitiful to treat "visitors" to our lovely town so poorly, as the lobby person clearly thought I was only visiting. Well, she was right in that my visit there was a one time thing. And visitors beware of the double standard you will fall victim to should you make the unfortunate choice to stay there.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Cathie L
BestWestern E, Manager at Best Western El Rancho, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

I would like to start by clarifying many of the misstated facts above.When you arrived at 11:47 am to check in to what you say was an empty hotel you might be correct. Our check out time is 11:00 am . We then need to clean and stock each room before check in at 3:00 pm.
When you arrived back at 3:00 pm to check in, I explained to you that the reservation YOU made with Best Western was for one person with one bed. You explained you had two other people that were wanting to swim in the pool with you. I was happy to upgrade you to a room that would accommodate three people at the additional charge for a room with two beds.
In regards to the swimming pool ,our hotel insurance is an umbrella policy that covers our guests, employees and their family. Since we are not a public pool we must adhere to those rules.
We find it unsettling that you feel we would treat ANY guest with anything but equal respect.
I hope this has helped to clarify the facts for you.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Great place to stay with your pooch!!! Our dog had a great time running and playing on the beach. The grounds of the hotel is very inviting and relaxing - the complimentary breakfast was great with fresh make your own waffles.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank M. L
BestWestern E, Manager at Best Western El Rancho, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

It is our pleasure to share our wonderful hotel with you and your pet. Our staff appreciates your compliment to our breakfast and grounds. We make it our mission to ensure each guest enjoys their stay and it is wonderful to hear that our efforts are noticed. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The hotel was decent. Shower needed a little cosmetic work, but otherwise clean & comfortable. Our dog Loved the doggie basket with treats, a comforter cover for him for the bed & his own towel. Bed was very comfortable,as well.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your pets positive experience.