“Cozy!”

Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Escondido, California
“Cozy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I believe the room I stayed in at the Best Western El Rancho was the smallest room out of the hundreds of Best Westerns that I have stayed in across the U.S.A. Now don't get me wrong. I am not complaining; I am just making an observation. It was a nice stay and I had a good night's sleep. It only took about 2 minutes to be checked in upon my arrival at 9:30 p.m. I was told by the friendly lady at the lobby counter that the motel had sold out four days prior. You can park right in front of your room. I was given room 102, which was clean and had two queen beds. The water from the showerhead was hot and very soothing, with great water pressure. There is no gym or complimentary newspaper at this property. A simple breakfast is offered in the morning which consists of hard-boiled eggs, sausage, make your own waffles, yogurt, packaged oatmeal, breads, and juices. The breakfast hours were from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. on a Sunday morning. Very courteous staff. The price you pay for lodging at this property is comparable to what other motels charge in a tourist area near the ocean. Upon check out, I turned in my room key and was out the door within half a minute.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrLorin
BestWestern E, Manager at BEST WESTERN El Rancho, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have passes available for a gym downtown for our guests to use at no charge. While we do not have any national papers available at our hotel we do offer the weekly local paper and are very close to a grocery store that does sell a national paper. We do hope that you will come back and see us again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Carson City, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I loved this hotel, perfect location beautiful older building with amazing warm pool and beautiful newer rooms... staff was super kind and attentive and If I am even 90 minutes away I will drive it to stay there again. PERFECT!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay! The pool is heated and makes swimming, no matter the weather, a fun activity! We hope that you will come back and visit again soon.
Lakewood, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

We had a large group that rented most every room in the motel, I couldn't be more happy with the service we received. It's a tough job to make that many people happy and the outstanding staff of the El Rancho Best Western, did just that. They are Top Notch, I recommend them highly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

2 Thank Peter L
BestWestern E, Manager at BEST WESTERN El Rancho, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us! You were a lovely group to host and we do hope that you will come back and visit soon!
Iowa, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Great quality for the price paid. The hotel is a very good choice if you need a place to stop for a night during your trip from LA to San Francisco. Close enough to Hearst Castle and Elephant Seals. I would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Rodica C
BestWestern E, Manager at BEST WESTERN El Rancho, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope that you come visit again the next time your are traveling the coast!
Roseville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Our stay was great. I was a little hesitant when booking my reservation as the price was so much less than other hotels / motels in the area. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the rooms were and the overall appearance of the property. It is very apparent that management and staff care about the property. Staff were pleasant and very helpful and the rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. Great value!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

2 Thank pal0810a
BestWestern E, Manager at BEST WESTERN El Rancho, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
We are so pleased that you were pleasantly surprised by us! We take great pride in keeping our property clean and offering the best that we can in customer service. We hope that you will come back and visit us again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I go to many different places for motorcycle rallys and most of the time the rooms are OK. I really liked this place so much. The rooms were perfectly clean and the service made sure we had everything we needed to make our stay easy. I would never think of this motel chain as a great place to stay but this is an exception to the rule. Everyone that took care of us during our stay was very friendly. We brought our pets and we were given a doggie basket with treats and towels and treats for the doggies and suggestions for pet friendly restaurants in the area. In short everything was exceptional and I definitely would recommend this place to ANYONE who is in the area. I am not the type of person who posts reviews usually yet this place...just had to. Don't hesitate for one second to stay here. AWESOME

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
BestWestern E, Manager at BEST WESTERN El Rancho, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
We are so glad that you choose to stay with us for your rally this year! We are glad that you had such a good time and we hope that you will come and visit us again soon!
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I decided to stay for one night at this hotel based predominately on TripAdvisor reviews. I was travelling down the California coast via PCH and was looking for a nice place to stay overnight. The hotel is the older traditional hotel/motel single level courtyard type hotel. It is conveniently located one street over from the PCH, very easy to find.

Check in was relatively quick and convenient even though it was somewhat busy with no vacancies that evening. My room was very basic but clean with a king bed, desk, table and bathroom with shower stall (no tub). The bed was comfortable and slightly on the firm side.

The hotel grounds were well maintained with an outdoor pool. The pool is large enough and there are several loungers and table with chairs available as well. Towels can be obtained from the front desk.

Because of the courtyard arrangement, noise can somewhat be a problem. Noise from kids playing in the pool to people arriving and leaving from their rooms can be somewhat distracting. However, when it came late in the evening the noise was significantly diminished and most importantly ambient noise from adjoining rooms was minimal.

On a side note, I was travelling by motorcycle and they were quite welcoming. After a long ride I was looking for a decent, clean, comfortable room for a good night's sleep. This hotel provided what I was looking for. I departed early in the morning so I did not have an opportunity to sample the breakfast that is provided.

Overall great location and value.

Room Tip: All the rooms are on the same level with the hotel configured in an "L" shape. All rooms...