“Value with incredible service!”

Best Western San Marcos Inn
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
GreenLeadersGold level
Liverpool
“Value with incredible service!”
Reviewed 6 May 2011

We stayed at the San Marcos Inn Morro Bay, off the 101 California Freeway. What a find! Near the beach with sunsets to die for and get this, not only did our staff Nick and Kris provide helpful and exceptional service but ( and here is the secret) at 5-7 pm you get free, yes free, cheese, biscuits and a selection of Californian wines plus breakfast the next day.This hotel is a steal. Do not tell anyone else!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ScouseIrish
mamamorro, Manager at Best Western San Marcos Inn, responded to this review, 9 May 2011
The Best Western Plus San Marcos Inn was so happy to read of your wonderful stay with us. Next time try our hydrotherapy spa, you'll love it. We look forward to seeing you again!

Happy travels,
Best Western Plus San Marcos Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
California
Reviewed 27 April 2011

Staff is very friendly and very accomodating. Rooms are clean but are in dire need of some updating, including the beds. They are not very comfortable. The location is great. Just a short walk down to the shops and restaurants. Prices are decent. If you are a fan on Facebook they are always have promo codes for some nice deals. Breakfast is complimentary with cereal, muffins, toast, and a belgian waffle maker to make your own waffles. They also have complimentary wine and cheese in the evening. They have a nice Hydro Spa that is big has has a nice view of Morro rock. All in all not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SK1027
mamamorro, Manager at Best Western San Marcos Inn, responded to this review, 28 April 2011
The Best Western Plus San Marcos Inn would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are in the continuing process of upgrading our beds and room decor. With the help of your comments we get closer to reaching our goal of making your stays with us as thoroughly enjoyable and comfortable as possible. On your next visit to the coast we would be happy to provide you with a pleasurable stay.

Many Thanks,
Fresno, California
Reviewed 21 April 2011

The room was nice and clean, but the decorations were a little old. Also the walls were thin, but everything in Morro Bay quiets down around 9pm, so that wasn't too big a deal. Breakfast with waffles was pretty decent considering it was free, but the best thing about this place is the staff. I couldn't believe how helpful and friendly they were. They suggested restaurants and hiking trails and gave printed directions for everything and were super friendly the entire time.

I stayed last February and was very impressed to hear that they were donating some of the profits to a breast cancer charity. Then when I came back this last time, I learned that a bunch of the hotel clerks were running from morro Rock to Cayucos to raise money for foster kids. It's nice to know that I'm staying at a place that gives back to the community!

Room Tip: Get the top floor so no one's on top of you
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
mamamorro, Manager at Best Western San Marcos Inn, responded to this review, 21 April 2011
We here at the Best Western Plus San Marcos Inn were so happy to read of your satisfaction during your last stay. We are continuing to upgrade our rooms and decor and appreciate your input as that helps to keep us focused on our goal. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip through the Central Coast.

Happy travels
Antakya, Turkey
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Comfortable room, clean bed sheets, and spacious nice bathroom. The aircon is new and is working very quietly. The only problem is the wireless , the reason we chose thi hotel is because they offer free wireless but the signal is very very poor, that I can not use my IPAD in my room.

• Stayed February 2011
mamamorro, Manager at Best Western San Marcos Inn, responded to this review, 23 March 2011
We here at the Best Western plus San Marcos Inn thank you for taking the time to post your review of the hotel. We apologize for the WiFi issues. Upgrading our lines for easier and more reliable service is a top priority that we are currently working on. We would appreciate the opportunity to once again provide you with a comfortable, clean, spacious room on your next visit to the states.

Many thanks,
Queen Valley AZ
Reviewed 11 November 2010

My husband and I were getting ready to start for home, our grown children came up to say god by. We had no where for them to stay with us ,so we book the hotel for 2 days for our selves and our children.
The staff was friendly and were ready to help if there was any problems .

The Room was on the 2nd floor over the main electric box that ran the lights all night for the whole place could not sleep because of the noise,
In the morning I told the staff and was given a nice room on the 3rd floor, a good nights sleep was had.

Yes it is a older hotel and may need some up grades and I am sure in the future this may happen. We did enjoy our stay and will go back in the fall before we leave for home

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
mamamorro, Manager at Best Western San Marcos Inn, responded to this review, 9 March 2011
We here at the Best Western Plus San Marcos Inn would like to thank you for your lovely review of our hotel. It brings a smile to our faces to know that we provided you and your family with a comfortable stay. We hope that the next time you are traveling in the area you will choose to stay with us again and check out the upgrades we’ve made since your last visit.

Happy Travels,
California
Reviewed 17 October 2010

I stayed in this hotel over the weekend. I had read all the reviews and was nervous but when I got there it was not how others had described it. Yes, it is a little dated and it is not the best Best Western I have ever stayed in, but the front desk staff was amazing. Since they were the frontline, I relaxed a bit. When I saw the room, second floor balcony, double queen beds, I was completely won over. It was clean, smelled nice and the beds were very comfortable. Yes the walls do appear thin but the noise wasn't that bad and there were a bunch of young men staying there. We had a huge a problem with one of the people in our party and the hotel staff was very courteous, understanding, and compassionate. I will stay here again the next time I am in Morro Bay. I don't believe I have been treated better by any hotel staff and I've stayed in some five star hotels and worked in a four star.
BW San Marcos, thank you so much for everything.

• Stayed October 2010
The entire staff at the Best Western Plus San Marcos Inn thanks you for taking the time to post your review of the hotel. Our mission is to provide each of our guests with a comfortable and memorable stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to our beautiful area.

Many thanks,
Chico, California
Reviewed 15 October 2010

On a planned business trip to Morro Bay I decided to have my wife accompany me and extended our stay through the weekend as kind of a mini vacation. I made our reservations two months in advance so as to hopefully secure a nice room. Upon arrival we were told our room wasn’t quite ready yet and we returned a few hours later only to find that they had us in a room overlooking the parking lot. I asked if there were any other rooms available and was told there were if I was willing to pay an additional 40% up-charge per night.

I am writing this at around 10:45 PM on our first night at the hotel. The noise from the people in the next room and down in the parking lot is so loud that they may as well be right in our room with us. I travel and stay in hotels on business an average of 100+ nights per year and so far this property ranks among the worst I’ve experienced in spite of their AAA 3 Diamond rating. This is only our first night here and I really dread the remaining two. I am truly sorry I didn’t read (and heed) some of the other TripAdvisor recommendations already posted regarding this property.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
The Best Western Plus San Marcos Inn would like to thank you for posting a review of the hotel. We were very sorry to read of your dissatisfaction. While normal check-in time is 3:00 pm we do our best to accommodate early arrivals at every opportunity. Unfortunately noise issues are endemic of hotels around the globe; if the front desk had been notified they would have done everything they could to remedy the situation in a professional and timely manner. We would appreciate the chance to provide you with nice accommodations and good service the next time you are planning a trip to the area. Nevertheless, we wish you the best of luck and only pleasurable experiences on your future trips.

Best regards,