“Very Accommodating”

Best Western San Marcos Inn
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 March 2012

My mom and I arrived one afternoon and drove around looking for a vacancy. And came across this place. My mom went in and booked and they were able to get us a great ocean view room. It has a very quirky closed in center court. the room was nice and clean and the balcony had an amazing view of the rock. Would deffinently stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank biandi
mamamorro, G.M. Assistant at Best Western San Marcos Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again...join us for our expanded deluxe breakfast and complimentary wine and cheese every evening from 5-7.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

We spent one night in Morro Bay.
Actually we didn't make any room reservation in advance, we just drove to some motels and asked for a vacant room. Finally we decided to go for the Best Western and didn't regret this decision!
After we talked to the receptionist, she gave us 20$ off the regular room rate.
Our room was spacious, very clean and even had a balcony! The bathroom was also very clean!
We used the motels jacuzzi downstairs and it was quite relaxing!

If you should ever happen to stay in Morro Bay, I can recommend this motel to you because it's delivering good value for money!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MikeR1989
mamamorro, G.M. Assistant at Best Western San Marcos Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

The Best Western Plus San Marcos Inn was so happy you chose to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the states.

Happy Travels

Reviewed 29 February 2012

My husband and I stayed her for one night on a Tuesday. We were allowed to check in early. The guy at the front desk was friendly and got us checked in quickly. The room was a little pricy, but expected because of the location. When we got in the room it was clean and pretty large. All rooms have balconys. We both enjoyed the hot tub which was rather large. We did not check out the complimentary wine and cheese in the evening, but thought that was a nice touch. We did make it down to the free breakfast in the morning. There was a pretty good food and juice selection. All in all we enjoyed our stay here, and will most likely stay here again next time we are in Morro Bay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank H_Rod88
mamamorro, G.M. Assistant at Best Western San Marcos Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We were very happy to read of your pleasant stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again and will have breakfast ready for you.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 20 January 2012

The only 3 stars about this hotel is the price. We booked it through 'Hotwire' as a 'too good to publish hotel name'... now I know why. This hotel is dated and tired looking. The bed covering in our room was marked and stained. The toenails on the floor were disgusting. The hotel staff were good, pity they have to work in such a poor quality establishment. Knock down and rebuild as the location is fine if you like vacationing next to a power generating plant.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ba771
mamamorro, G.M. Assistant at Best Western San Marcos Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

We at the Best Western Plus San Marcos Inn were sorry to read of your unsatisfactory stay with us. We appreciate you bringing your issues to our attention as your critique helps us to better serve our guests in the future. We would like to state however that the power plant is actually across town from us. Nevertheless we wish you many happy travels.

Reviewed 19 January 2012

I dont know why this hotel is rated 20. we stayed at this hotel for one night in january 2012.
The staff was welcoming, the room was clean and big and the location was great!
The free wifi worked great and we loved the design of the place...

the only problem we has is with the shower that didnt work well, but we talked with them and they said that they had a problem with the water in the morning. I am sure it is not like that every day.
It was a great stay with a great value!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VeredMBS

Thank you for posting the review of your stay with us. We are expanding our breakfast service and look forward to serving your lodging needs on your next visit to the states.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

The Inn is about 200 yards from the bay and the beach front "Embarcadero St."
From the first minute you step onto their property you're in warm welcoming, & knowledgeable staff's hands.
Rooms are mini suites almost: nice, clean, and have everything from free internet to mini fridge, coffee maker, iron with board, A/C, microwave, and balcony! Lots of shows on TV as well. Nights are very quite.
They offer a nice continental breakfast buffet in the morning 7:30 to 10:30 AM but the wine tasting with cheese at 5:00 PM was an exceptionally nice touch!
Priced at very reasonable $90 for 2 queen bed rm (Jan 2012). Early check in (2pm) and late . check out (12pm) most are 3pm and 11am respectively.. There will be a definite next time.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank rix j
mamamorro, G.M. Assistant at Best Western San Marcos Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2012

The staff of the Best Western Plus San Marcos Inn thanks you for taking the time to post such a lovely review. It is our goal to make every guest's stay as pleasurable as your's. It would be our pleasure to once again provide you with another wonderful experience the next time you visit Morro Bay.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 6 December 2011

Initially I booked a room with an ocean view. They said it was guranteed and I paid for it in advance. I was really excited to visit Morro Bay, as I surf a lot and it is one of my favorite towns along California's Central Coast.
I was highly dissappointed at check in to find out that not only did I not have a room with an ocean view, but I didn't even have a room. I had to pull up my bank statements to show them.
They finally just gave me a room which was dinky, had a parking lot view, and blood stained comforters.
After I got some new sheets from the house keeper, I decided to go down to the Embarcadero to Dockside to drink away my nightmare and hang with the locals.
The next day it was time for breakfast and I felt ripped off after I saw the set up. They advertise as if it was a gourmet breakfast, but it's just plain old continental. The waffles were nice, but the danishes looked and tasted a little stale.
I went surfing for the day. It was a great day and the swells were really comming in. I thought I'd head back to the hotel for some wine and cheese. The Boursin cheese was a nice touch and so was the free booz. However, you might want to stay away from the block cheese. The cheddar and monterey jack looked recycled and kinda moldy on the ends.
The only staff member that was a delight was Kris at the front desk. We talked surf and he had some great tips on the area. Great customer service and he will go a long way. However, I cannot say the same for some of the others. I specifically remember getting a lack of care or concern from Christina at my intial check in. A lot of eye rolling and attitude.
All in all try to avoid this place. It sucks!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Marcel J
mamamorro, G.M. Assistant at Best Western San Marcos Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2011

We here at the Best Western Plus San Marcos Inn appologize for the mixup at check-in. Please call us directly when you want to book a room...you will be guaranteed the best rate and exact room type you want. We were saddened to read of your unsatisfactory stay with us but we are a bit confused. One of the front desk associates you mentioned in your review hasn't been employed here for a year and a half and the other has been gone since June of this year. Regardless we wish you only pleasurable experiences on your future trips.