“Eh...was ok but wouldnt stay here again”
Review of Motel 6 Morro Bay

Motel 6 Morro Bay
Ranked #28 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Im not a real big fan when it comes to Motel 6 but it was sorta a last min stay because we were at the Morro Bay Beer festival. The price was ok. Room was decently clean....overall I'm not sure I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank smileydgn73

Reviewed 20 June 2012

After reading reviews I was worried about the ranking. Very surprised how clean the room was!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Edfresno
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I stayed here recently in one of the upstairs units. I like the price and that we could bring our dog without additional pet fee, but room was dirty and stunk with cigarettes. Apparently the room was no smoking, but when I let the front desk agent know that somebody must have smoked in that room before she didn't seem to be surprised at all! Well - they even have ashtrays with no smoking signs in NO SMOKING rooms! Bed sheets had stains on and had burn holes from cigarettes too. I must say that the shower was a nice surprise. The pressure was great and it all seemed surprisingly clean. If you are looking for a quiet location forget about this one. In the end with tax our stay was $ 75 for that price you really can find something better and cleaner.

Room Tip: if you have to stay here choose upstairs units away from the stairs
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Marty32425
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Stayed here for my second time. the first time I stayed there was a few years ago and I said I wouldn't go back but this time I had no choice and had to stay there (there was a special event in town, I guess).

I was surpised at the changes. New managment it looks like. The manager was at the desk to greet me with the desk service, christopher? I've never seen the general manager helping out at the desk at any Motel 6. They were very kind. It was sold out but they did their best to place us where we wanted. The room wasn't ready til 4pm but that was okay. They were honest with the time and had so many people waiting it was understandable.The manager even offered to go check on the room, then gave us a map for where to get lunch, and the kid at the desk even took time out to map out our next trip on the way to another motel 6. Top notch!

The room was much cleaner than pervous years, beds were comphy. Our only compaints were the stains on the carpet and a stale smell. The desk called once we were in the room to see if we needed anything.(we were surpised, the best western we usually stay at never does this) We needed extra towels and we got them with in minutes. The housekeeper even offered to spray the room for the smell and clean the carpet. After a long apology and a few minutes our room was good to go. I guess the housekeeper then spoke to the manager because 10 minutes later she called with an apolgy and asked if she could do anything further for us. Great service!

just a small basic room, not the best but cheapest in town. Usually don't care for motel 6 but because of the great service I will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the rock. If it's a busy weekend call ahead to have your room read...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ashley M
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We love the location and that we could bring our dog without an extra deposit. But the beds are horrible. The bathrooms have mold/mildew in all the corners. The noise from 2nd floor units and next door units is too much. And if you're at the end where the stairs are, there is stomping up and down all night. And to complain does no good. I wrote to the corporate office twice about 2 different stays and each time they responded saying they would look into it. As expected, there was no change. And the PRICES go UP to a riduculous high for holidays and summer time. I'd rather pay extra and stay somewhere else that is cleaner and quieter.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Roxy P
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Dirty towels left in the bathroom, shower not clean. Bedspreads dirty. Floor not vacuumed. I've stayed at this motel for years. Won't go back!

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Hideeh
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I would not stay here again. The room was dirty. The bathroom was filthy.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo