“Great for the Price”

Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Bakersfield, California
“Great for the Price”
Reviewed 9 November 2012

After reading the reviews for this hotel, I was very hesitant to stay here...but there was simply nothing else available. I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of our room. It was very clean and well decorated. This hotel is within walking distance of the Embarcadero, and the staff were very nice. In general, much better quality than I would have expected for the price. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jamiewlson W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 8 November 2012

No complaints with this hotel. Good location. Updated. Clean. Quiet. Coffee tasty and hot. We didn't have time for the breakfast, but it looked good enough. The owner who is from India couldn't be nicer. I wish I could have had some of whatever his wife was cooking. It smelled great!

Room Tip: The hotel is a U shape with parking and the pool inside the U.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Louth, Ireland
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Firstly let me say that you should ignore the previous negative reviews. These seem to be from a time when the Rockview Inn was under different ownership and before the refurbishment.
I found our room to be spotless, new fridge and flat screen tv. Wifi was fast and reliable. Plenty of parking, and less than 2 minutes walk to sea front.

Would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank ostan14
Los Osos, California
Reviewed 4 October 2012

The room was a decent one. Floor has no carpet so has a tendency to get dirty quickly. Found some trash in bathroom cabinets. Pool was large, but not heated. Owners laid out what looked like some ethnic food on cement by pool, so there was no place to lay out. Owners were nice, but difficult to understand.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank binksmom92382
Fresno, California
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I stayed here for one night with my fiance. I have nothing but nice things to say about it. The service was wonderful and the newly renovated rooms were very nice and extremely clean. My fiance felt that our room (room 210) was small, but it was acceptable for our short visit.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melissa N
Fresno, California
Reviewed 15 August 2012 via mobile

This was my first time to back to Morro bay in years. This was a pleasant surprise the rooms I would say have been renovated in the last 6 months or so laminate floors,tables,bathroom,sink tops,flat screen,fridge,amazing friendly front desk staff. Gas wall heater is a bit concerning,and the lack of a continental breakfast only serving waffles and coffee in 2012 is very off putting. Price was good surrounding hotels ranged 90-129 that was a weekday rate was astounding. Your also literally 2 blocks from the pier.
Recommend this place if your wanting to save some money,escape from reality a bit.
I did not have any issues as prior reviewers have had.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ema96
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I was very disappointed with this hotel. The man that checked us in was unfriendly and when I asked if we could get a room on the 1st floor (I had my 15mo old with me) he said they were all full. They clearly weren't. He said the only one he had was a king bed and I'd have to pay the difference. Forget it, just give me the second floor. So we get to the room and yes, it's been remodeled, but with bulky furniture where you can barely move around especially with a child. The electricity was not up to code. By this I mean the light for the vanity had a cord coming out from under a light switch plug that then had to be plugged in to the plug! It was unsafe. The bathroom door would not shut. The bathroom window had no screen or lock on it. The floor was dirty. My sons feet were black after walking barefoot on the floor. Basically I would NEVER stay here again unless they did a major overhaul and got things cleaned up.

• Stayed July 2012