“Great location and inexpensive”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Sacramento, California
“Great location and inexpensive”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We stayed at the Econo Lodge, Morro Bay while visiting my son in Templeton, CA. It was extremely clean, cheap, quiet, and extremely reasonable. It was only a couple of blocks from the beach. It had good parking and provided a continental breakfast for $89. we stayed for two nights. It was perfect for us, as we spent most of the time with my son and at the gorgeous beach and all the shopping and places to eat. Hey, I treated my son's family to a wonderful dinner at a restaurant right on the beach.

Room Tip: Because of price and location it was a great deal! No pool or restaurant.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AidaS1950
monamkj, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you for staying at Econo Lodge, Morro Bay and appreciating our service. Thank you for doing business with us, we look forward to seeing you again.
jack

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Wamego, Kansas
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I didn't compare rates at any other hotels in the area, so I can't say if $75 a night was too much or not. But what made this hotel so enjoyable was the manager. There isn't a computer in the lobby although they do have free internet connections in the rooms but when I explained that I didn't have a computer with me & really needed to contact my family, the manager let me use his family computer. He was so nice that he made my stay very enjoyable. And I thought him letting me use his computer was above & beyond in service.
The rooms are a good size & the view of Morro Rock is just incredible. The hotel is only three blocks from the ocean which was convenient for walking to the piers, beach, & Morro Rock.
I thought the bed was comfortable & the room was also clean.
The only drawback was I signed up to Choice Privileges in Monterey the next day & contacted Choice to see if they would add my stay & they couldn't find any record of me being at Econo Lodge. I had paid in cash & wonder if that could be why no record of my stay was found.
This hotel also had some covered parking at no extra charge!

Room Tip: Hotel is in a great location & has unobstructed views of Morro Rock. It is worth taking luggage...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
monamkj, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear,

GM jack

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 January 2013

The Morro Bay area is pretty nice. This property is just OK, I suppose. Not the most comfortable. Even in October it was rather warm, and the air-con is just like blowing air, not cold air. The outside air is cooler, but I would not be game to sleep with the window open, considering people can just walk outside your room window. Can't imagine how it would be like in mid summer though.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
monamkj, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear,

GM jack

Woodlake, California
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I called to confirm my reservation two weeks ago and it was confirmed through a staff memeber. The day of my arrival I called the hotel to tell them I would be checking in late. I was informed that there were no more rooms available, I was shocked since I made the reservation in September. Now I am three hours from home with no where to stay. And the crazy thing is I am a employee of a "Choice" property. I was to use my choice discount and this is how I'm treated. Wow thanks "Choice". The manager was so rude and very unprofessional. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone ever.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
11 Thank icdelgadillo
jack P, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 6 September 2015
Dear

Property CHI
gm jack

Travellers are raving about these Morro Bay hotels

Reviewed 24 September 2012

When we checked in asked why the sign didn't say Sandpiper. Dishont to out of town guests we did not know that there were two Econo Lodge in Morro Bay. According to the internet it lists the other Motel's phone number and list the other motels address. Very confusing to guests. We found when we arrived back home we didn't stay where we had reservations! So we were billed for one night at two Motels. The internet listings need to be updated. This is scam!

Ants in bathtub and when running the shower the tub faucet poured out water two.

• Stayed September 2012
6 Thank smilesvegas
jack p, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 28 September 2012
Most, Bed Reviews come From Sandpiper. hotel in morro bay use to econo lodge/rodway inn
naw the hotels turnig Sandpiper. please doubel check & post Reviews is Real bed for real econo lodg 1100 main st check expdia&hotels.com Reviews for econo lodge
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I've never had such a displeasing experience than this one when it comes to lodging.

The manager literally came out of his office and screamed at my boyfriend and I when we called Travelocity to switch our room. We complained to Travelocity that they gave us not the room we requested. Unbelievable.

When we walked in the room it smelled like smoke even when we requested non smoking.

Would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Jenn H
jack p, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
der sir
you not sty in econo lodge morro bay jul 9 212 ve have all grrop sty in 3 days may you selact wrong hotel
sorry
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Even though it wasn't close to downtown, I booked at Econo Lodge because everywhere else was either unreasonably expensive or was booked. Now I'm glad I found this gem. The owner was very helpful - recommended a restaurant, suggested a nearby grocery, and gave me the name of a good bakery downtown. When I came back through town two days later, she had held the room I requested and everything was in order.
The first morning, I was disappointed there was no decaffeinated coffee, but waited until I was checking out to mentioned it. They said that most people didn't drink it and so it was always left over, but they would make it on request. When I returned, I asked if there could be decaf the next morning - and sure enough, there was! That's the sort of service that turns a standard, "good-for-a-couple-of-nights" motel into a spot I'd return to and would recommend.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo