“Salad Bar and Sandwiches”
Review of Nibble Nook Pizza Parlor - CLOSED

Nibble Nook Pizza Parlor
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Soups
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Wilmington, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Salad Bar and Sandwiches”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The Salad Bar and Sandwiches were yummy. I told my father we will be coming here more often next time we come up for fishing. The salad was crispy and the sandwich after the salad I could only half. Excellent

Visited July 2013

La Canada, California
“Friendly environment and good food”
Reviewed 29 December 2012

During our visit to this place we were quite impressed with the warm friendly attitude of the people that ran the place...they wanted to please! They offered to make the pizza anyway that we wanted. During our visit during dinner time, the place was quite busy (always a good sign).

Their pizza crust is quite thin (if you like that...I like it a little thicker). Their toppings seemed fresh and tasty. Although garlic bread is not on their menu, they will make it if you ask for it.

They also have a good selection of home made sandwiches and soup.

• Visited December 2012
California
“Finally great food at a great price!”
Reviewed 6 December 2012

We had just come from a few nights in Carmel and decided to pass through Morro Bay on the way home. On our second night here were hoping for some really good and decent priced food.
We needed something simple. I pulled out my phone and started yelping for places to eat that were not touristy and Nibble Nook popped up. We decided to give it a try.

First of all, we passed by it twice before we took a hidden drive and found it. I don't think there is any way to see it from the street. Once there we saw that it was a simple "order your pizza and have a seat" place. The owner/cooks were very friendly. No view, except the cute kiddies coming out of Karate class next door and a tv. Very bare bones, not out to wow customers with the eating area but I was ok with that. We had had our fill of atmosphere, without great food. We ordered the large vegetarian with peppers on only 1/2.

Just as we were wondering when the pizza would come we heard a timer and our pizza was at our table. Piping hot. Too hot to dive into. The pizza was big. it hung over the pan edge when most pizzas shrink in a few inches. I have to tell you, I am a Pizza SNOB. I really dislike thin crust, and prefer thick. The edges are my favorite part. I don't care for spicy or overbearing sauce, actually prefer white or garlic sauce. Prefer vegetarian...meaning real veggies. I consider onions and peppers condiments, to be added, not a vegetable.
I was shocked to see the peppers cut up into tiny pieces. I could actually have handled that but am used to big hunks which I seriously dislike. OK, enough of the snobbiness.

The taste was amazing. Fresh and full flavored. Hubby and I saved 3 pieces for later but pretty much devoured it. (maybe we were hungry?). I can say it is one of the best pizzas I have ever had. Perfection. Great balance. I wish we didn't live hundreds of miles away.

• Visited December 2012
San Luis Obispo, California
“Wasn't very impressed.”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Have been a couple times and have yet to be impressed... Last time we went we had a huge issue with our pizza and they were not very nice about it. I called to order a pizza after seeing someone else get one the last time we had been there. We had been impressed by the huge crust. When I called I specifically asked if all their pizzas had such thick crust because that was what we were interested in. The woman said yes so I ordered it. When I went in to get it the crust was thin... and I mean thin.

When I finally said something about it they said that you have to ask for the thicker crust (which I did). The lady who had taken my order kept arguing that she was right and after a lot of back and forth they FINALLY offered to make me a new pizza (AND still made me pay for the extra $2.00 for the thicker crust)! After all that the pizza was not very good.

Needless to say, we shall not be returning anytime soon.

Visited May 2012
“Average everything pretty much”
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Very clean and nice staff! Everything else good. Pizza better than dominos!