“So glad we found this place for breakfast!!”
Review of Otter Rock Cafe

Otter Rock Cafe
Ranked #31 of 101 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours
Sacramento, California
“So glad we found this place for breakfast!!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We were driving through Morro Bay. The plan was to have breakfast than spend the morning at the beach for my nephew's first time on the beach. We used TripAdvisor to find a different restaurant but after driving by it didn't look children friendly, so we drove around the block and found this cute little place, Otter Rock Café. I'm so glad we did! The young man who brought us our menus and drinks was wonderful. He strapped the little guy (3 years old) into his buster seat and was very pleasant. The waitress was great despite being quite busy. My nephew was able to look out onto the cove and watch the boats and we sat in a corner so it was easy to corral him after he was done eating; allowing us to finish our wonderful meal, I had the special, Huevos Rancheros, it was wonderful. I loved that the bottom tortilla was crisp and it was served with 3 tortillas on the side. The potatoes were perfectly seasoned and cooked. Well done! I only wish I lived closer because I am craving those Huevos Rancheros!! - To top off our breakfast, the young man directed us to the perfect beach for my nephew and us to enjoy before we had to continue on our drive. He gave us perfect directions! This was a very pleasant place, good food and nice atmosphere. I noticed they had a band area set up, would have loved to visit on a band night. Maybe someday!?!

Modesto, California
“Otter Rock Cafe”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Loved that the café had non-meat options that were good to choose from. There was something on the menu for all ages and the food was Great. Will eat here again.

Visited July 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
“Don't go here - if you do ask for a burger”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We, family with three children (6, 9 and 11 years) went here. To be honest, it was really bad. The drinks we ordered didn't taste good, the food was basically didn't taste anything. The one exception was the cheese burger, which was ok, but nothing more than that.

Prince George, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must have been an off day ...”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Our first time in the community. We were excited to walk the embarcadero and 'drink up' the atmosphere.

We walked into the restaurant from the sidewalk. Although we were waved in, I think we surprised the bussing staff who were clearing the view table we'd chosen. From that point forward, the lunch never achieved a rhythm - the server was not attentive when taking our lunch order which included two local draft beers. When we ordered a second round, I had the impression that our patronage was not welcome at all.

How was the food? It was good seaside pub food, as expected. The draft beer was great too and the view was fantastic. In the end, though, I wouldn't return as i didn't feel welcome.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Good for the family”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and kid loved their fish n chips and my clam chowder was pretty good. The waitress was attentive and we got in and out of their fairly quick. No complaints.