“Terrific”

Bayside Cafe
Ranked #7 of 101 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Bayside Cafe is nestled in the beautiful State Park Marina across from the entrance to the State Park Campground on lower State Park Road. The views of the back bay are astounding and unique.The food is very fresh with all homemade items including soups, salad dressing, sauces and desserts. You will not be disappointed by the friendly service and wide range of food items offered. A dog friendly outdoor patio is also a plus for our animal lovers.Oh, and by the way, we are NOT open for breakfast as has been stated by trip adviser.....sorry.Open every day for lunch starting at 11:00am and including service of dinners on Thursday through Sunday.See you there.
Falmouth
“Terrific”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Great service. Great food. My wife and I have been vacationing in the Cambria area and know the area quite well. This time we visited two new restaurants in Morro Bay and we, in both cases, were pleasantly surprised. We spent time at the museum in the state park and were ready for a nice lunch which we did receive at Bayside. It is definitely a 'come back again' experience. For seniors, and we are seniors, they offer the 'kids menu' and are very generous about their portions.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Charles S

Norwalk, Connecticut
“Great spot on the bay”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We tried Bayside based on TripAdvisor reviews. What a great find! We were here on a Sunday night in late April, just before sunset. It was such a nice setting. There's a bird watching trail - accessible at the far end of the parking lot, the kayak dock out front, and Morro Rock in the distance ... sun setting behind it. The food was very good. I had the chicken enchiladas which were served with a nice tomatillo sauce. Definitely worth a stop in, and will return whenever we are in Morro Bay.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank JourneyCT123
“An Exception to Good Meals and a Dumb Policy”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Been going to eat here every time we camp at the State Campground.
This week I ordered a Meat Loaf dinner. The meatloaf was raw, so the waitress offered me
another meal - the Salmon (always good); but by the time I got the replacement meal, my wife was done eating.
Trouble is, when we got the bill, they charged for the Salmon, instead of the meatloaf. When I complained, they said it is not their policy to give a higher price meal at a reduced price.

Come now, I didn't want the Salmon; but I certainly don't eat raw meatloaf. I told the waitress she could nuke the meatloaf, but she insisted that something else might better satisfy me.

OK, for the trouble, when this has happened at other restaurants, they usually don't charge for that meal, give you a free dessert, etc.; but NEVER have I been charged more for the replacement-meal.

In my opinion, such a policy is bad PR for any restaurant.

Other than that experience, this is still a great place to eat, especially for the campers, as we can walk to the restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank Joy C
Los Angeles, California
“Beautiful setting”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This place is walkable from the campground and far away from the kitchy downtown. Where the locals go.Lovely setting. Great food. Dog friendly. Right on the bay. Go to the museum, eat lunch, walk the bird watching trail, and kayak on Morro Bay with one easy parking spot.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Jpullen
San Luis Obispo, California
“Still Reliable Choice”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Had lunch outside on one of our recent warm days, and the setting is excellent! Good food to match. I had the yellowtail salad from the daily special, and my wife did the two fish tacos. The yellowtail was good just right, and the bed of greens went well, along with the sourdough bread. The server recommended the honey dijon dressing and it paired very well and was thoughtfully served on the side. The fish tacos were fresh, grilled, and generous, with very good seasoning. We had the iced tea, and all in all a very satisfying lunch. Only one modest area for improvement would be the time between when we were seated and when our server showed up to take our order. It was a busy lunch, but even so, it was just a bit of wait. Once it started, she served us well, and we'll be back.

• Visited March 2014