“Love this place”

Ranked #12 of 101 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Price range: US$9 - US$23
Good for: Romantic, View, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Spectacular views and outdoor tables make this "Bistro on the Bay" a perfect spot to relax, enjoy a latte or organic coffee and hot breakfast.Breakfast is served all day. In addition to the indoor seating, there are 18 outdoor waterfront tables to enjoy watching the seals, otters, pelicans and other nature as well as watching the sailboats drift by. There is soothing live weekend entertainment in the morning and it gets a bit kicked up in the afternoon during happy hour and they have their own house wine among a great wine list. The scene is gorgeous and a glassed in area is provided to enjoy the outdoors when it is windy. Sunset is beautiful from this location while dinner is served. Fresh local seafood is the main dish along with pastas and fresh salads.
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The fancy grilled cheese sandwiches are delicious (I was told they're great with chicken added). Nice patio, good service.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

A local recommended this café and I'm so glad he did! It sits adjacent to the marina and has a wonderful view. There is ample outdoor seating but it was early in the morning and a little too chilly for me so we sat inside by the windows. The servers were so friendly. I loved my breakfast (I think it's called the Blue Skye combo that included eggs, toast, fresh fruit, homestyle potatoes and I ordered a side of sausage). My husband had the biscuits and gravy and enjoyed it. I loved the fact that their gravy consists of not only sausage but also bacon pieces. Prices are decent; very clean surroundings. We need to go back to try their clam chowder and will do that when we visit Morro Bay again. If there is any drawback at all, it's that they only have the homestyle potatoes as opposed to hash browns, which I prefer. Their coffee was wonderful I can't wait to go back!

Thank K. B
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The food here was excellent, and the staff was really friendly! ! However, the seating arrangements are weird with self-seating but it's not that bad when the food is involved!! I had a breakfast burrito and it was huge! Couldn't finish it all.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

The clam chowder bread bowl was excellent, especially the bread! The pastrami sandwich was a tasty treat. Food was better than average, and the views were remarkable!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Whether you sit outside on the pet friendly patio, behind the glass enclosures or inside the cafe, the food is delicious and attractively served. We returned the second day because the specials were terrific one day one. We were not disappointed the second time around. Both times we sat outside and watched the seals frolic in the water as the played on a small dock in the middle of the bay. The egrets, gulls and other water birds were fun to observe from our breakfast table.