“Fine if you don't need a hair dryer”
Review of Pacific Shores Inn

Pacific Shores Inn
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I booked this hotel through Priceline which may have been a factor in the room I was given. It was quite small and in need of a serious update. The stairs to the room were located on a side street but that was fine. I was making a drive up to Northern California and wanted to break up the trip so I decided to book this room for a night. I didn't need anything fancy at all.

The only serious complaint I had was there was no place to plug in my hairdryer. The bathroom is so old that the one and only receptacle in there didn't have the hole for a grounded plug. The sink was also missing its stopper.

However, everything was clean and I was treated pleasantly by the manager. I didn't partake of the free continental breakfast so I can't comment on that. My room was equipped with a coffeemaker and microwave as well as a small refrigerator. They should probably ditch the fridge and microwave; there's really not enough room in there plus I can't imagine having a meal in that room.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank SoCalCalendarGirl

Reviewed 26 March 2013

The room was clean, the staff were friendly and the location is perfect; what more could you ask for? As well and this is a *major* perk, the WiFi internet connection was incredibly FAST on the order of 35Mbps down / 5Mbps up. Their connection is WEP protected as well which you can obtain when you check in.

The price was right during the week and the fireplace was nice, you have to furnish your own logs however. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone and there's a great coffee shop a stone's throw away to boot.

Cheers

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank BenjaminCali
Reviewed 22 January 2013

My wife and I went up to Morro Bay for our Honeymoon and really like the room that we had. The people were friendly and when we mentioned that we were on our honeymoon they gave us a log for the fireplace in our room. I would absolutely stay here again and recommend it to everyone. There is some minor (mostly cosmetic) improvement that could be done but overall a great experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Arie S
Reviewed 29 October 2012

My parents live in Morro Bay so when i come to visit them it's always a challenge to find a hotel thats affordable and close and also available. I found Pacific Shores Inn on hotels.com (i travel a lot for work so i use this app frequently) and what a pleasant surprise! We were helped all weekend by a great guy named Keith and our room had a fireplace! Keith even sold us duraflame logs at the check in counter and gave us three extra pillows. Room was super clean and we are returning for Thanksgiving to the same spot. This place will be my hotel every time i visit my parents now.

4  Thank elliot g
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Stopped here as driving thru Morro Bay and got last available room. Keith at the front desk was very pleasant and gave us a good deal for the room. We had room 15 which is a two bedroom one bath cottage type room with a full kitchen and living room. The room was an older one, but the bed was comfortable and we were only staying for the night. There is also a very large hot pool that is enclosed. Keith was also very pleasant even when we had to wake him to let us back in our room after 1:00 because we had snuck out the back door of the room to hit the bar across the street and messed up our room key. I would stay here the next time we go thru Morro Bay.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Geekette92064
Reviewed 20 October 2012

This hotel was fine for a night. Nothing fancy. Old, no alarm clocks, plugs don't work we'll, but the bed was comfortable and the location was convenient. However, the room smelled musty and reeked of old cigarettes. By the time morning came, I couldn't check out fast enough. The smelled killed the whole experience.

4  Thank erinautical
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Stayed here overnight when visiting Morro Bay. The price was right, the room clean and the service friendly and helpful. Breakfast wasn't much to write home about and the room furnishings were spartan but all in all I think it was a great deal.

5  Thank Frank E