“Worth the stop”

GC's Bistro
Price range: US$8 - US$29
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Romantic special occasions casual fine dining
Excelsior, Minnesota
“Worth the stop”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We were hungry on a drive up the coast and found this restaurant open on Sunday at 3 in the afternoon. What a nice surprise. I ordered the butternut squash ravioli and my husband had the cannelloni. Both were great. The cannelloni was outstanding as was the ravioli but I should have had the butternut ravioli as desert it was so sweet and tender. Our experience with the service was good.

• Visited September 2013

San Diego, California
“One of our area favorites”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We visit Morro Bay quite frequently, and almost always find time for this excellent, seafood-oriented Italian restaurant. Food and service are outstanding. A touch pricy, but worth it.

• Visited March 2013
Rancho Murieta, California, United States
“Giancarlo's for Italian Food”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Recommended to us by other travelers staying in Morro Bay, we were quite pleased with the restaurant. The service was excellent and the food as tasty as the food from the kitchens of my Italian family members. I had linguini and clams - the best I've had in years. Plus I wanted to take my clam shells with me - how many places would put them through the dishwasher before you left so make sure they were clean! The pasta and meatballs were made to perfection. The wine selection excellent. I will certainly be visiting there again.

• Visited June 2013
“Horrible”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Who ever gives this place 5 stars and says it's the best Italian/ Mediterranean food around, there is something mentally wrong with you! Terrible food, service, enviroment. Don't waste your money here!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank ginabobena21
California
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Good menu and fine, friendly service. A little pricey—dinner for two came to $125 with tip. The food itself was excellent.

Visited July 2013