“Still one of the best!!!”
Review of GC's Bistro - CLOSED

GC's Bistro
Price range: US$8 - US$29
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Romantic special occasions casual fine dining
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This was not our first visit to Giancarlo's, but is still one of the most outstanding meals we've ever had! Even though most of the restaurants in Morro Bay are on the waterfront, its worth the 2 minutes it takes to get to Main Street for this amazing food. It is an Italian restaurant, but extremely upscale and innovative in its preparation and presentation. I call it "classic meditteranean with a unique twist". The flavors here leave a lasting memory on the palate and you can't wait to return. We actually drove over 100 miles and spent a couple days here just to experience this excellent food again. Try the Seafood Bouillabaisse (not like any you've ever had), the lobster ravioli in the most delicate of sauces, canneloni stuffed with meat, not ground beef) in a marinara and Alfredo Bechamel sauce, mmmmm! This visit I ordered the macadamia-tempura crusted Brie cheese appetizer, served with crostini, apricot preserves, and fresh sliced pear. Flavors were exceptional! My husband and I shared the bread pudding for dessert served with caramel sauce and whipped cream. One of the best I've ever had, and I know my bread puddings! Splurge on a Keoki coffee or one of the many other flavors they have. Everything in this eatery tastes as if it was especially prepared fresh, just for you, and it probably is!
Open for lunch and dinner, extensive wine list featuring many local vineyards, home made bread, great servers, an excellent value.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I was given a Giancarlo's gift card from a business I had done work with. So I took two people with me for dinner there last night.

The food was fine. Not "I'd go back" fine, but OK. Very slow service and at the time we were there were only two other tables with a couple in each. I ordered the Margherita pizza with extra basil and the only thing I could figure is he forgot and thought I said no basil. The bus boy brought me some more. The dip for bread was similar but without the flavor of Giuseppe's and without a view might as well go to Upper Crust which is more than fabulous. The people with me got a linguine with clams (he said it was good) and the eggplant (she said it was OK).

I gave the waiter my gift card and he came back and asked how much was on it. I didn't know. He said they don't have the scanner anymore for the cards so I can't use it. WHAT? I went over to talk to the owner and he said something about a bad manger and he no longer has the scanner to read the cards. The waiter said another couple came in with their gift card and had to pay since Giancarlos couldn't accept it.

I paid and then called the person who gave it to me. I figure she can go and fight them since she knows how much she paid and owns a established business in Morro Bay. Don't want her to get any more "gifts" from Giancarlos.

1  Thank TravelerCharlotte
Reviewed 21 October 2013

While staying in Morro Bay we headed away from the harbour area inland and found this busy restaurant. We were greated and sat by friendly welcoming staff. I had a wood fired pizza which was superb and my partner enjoyed the cannelloni which I tasted and was equally delicious! Accompanied my meal wuth a ggid red wine and finished off with a homemade tiramisu. Good value and wholesome meal, try it!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

i have been to giancarlos for a large group party and for a smaller group and each time it was excellent food. I would recommend it highly. It is not the place for a quick meal, but a moment to slow down and enjoy your friends with great food.

1  Thank Lori D
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We were hungry on a drive up the coast and found this restaurant open on Sunday at 3 in the afternoon. What a nice surprise. I ordered the butternut squash ravioli and my husband had the cannelloni. Both were great. The cannelloni was outstanding as was the ravioli but I should have had the butternut ravioli as desert it was so sweet and tender. Our experience with the service was good.