“Good eating”

GC's Bistro
Price range: US$8 - US$29
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Romantic special occasions casual fine dining
Reviewed 1 February 2014

This was a good experience in a well established restaurant. It has been rated as the second best in Morro Bay, and while we did not test all the other possibilities, that rating is probably accurate. The food was well prepared, fresh and very tasty. The atmosphere was average and the service, above average. For someone looking for a good meal at a very reasonable price, I would recommend this restaurant, but nothing really stands out as being exceptional.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

My wife and I went to celebrate our 48 wedding anniversary and had one of the best meals of our life. The Short Ribs of Beef ravioli were so tasty and the sauce even better. The fish dish my wife had was cooked to perfection. This meal was on their coupon and the service and the bottle of house wine that came with show no cutting of quality, since it was a deal.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We will definitely be back. The menu had a huge selection of Italian dishes, pastas, meats and seafood. The staff and owners were so friendly, it made me feel like we were having dinner at their house. My seafood entree was melt-in-your mouth delicious. I liked the wine tasting sampler option that is about the same cost as a glass of wine, and you get 3 generous-portioned tastes of different wines that paired nicely with our dishes. We live in SLO, and this experience was worth the drive to Morro Bay.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Agree, it was late on a quiet night, but ONE waiter to handle all the tables didn't cut it.

The food, however, especially the steamers, was EXCELLENT.

Papardelle: very nice.

Good, eclectic wine list.

Odd, no conventional sparkling water brands.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

This was not our first visit to Giancarlo's, but is still one of the most outstanding meals we've ever had! Even though most of the restaurants in Morro Bay are on the waterfront, its worth the 2 minutes it takes to get to Main Street for this amazing food. It is an Italian restaurant, but extremely upscale and innovative in its preparation and presentation. I call it "classic meditteranean with a unique twist". The flavors here leave a lasting memory on the palate and you can't wait to return. We actually drove over 100 miles and spent a couple days here just to experience this excellent food again. Try the Seafood Bouillabaisse (not like any you've ever had), the lobster ravioli in the most delicate of sauces, canneloni stuffed with meat, not ground beef) in a marinara and Alfredo Bechamel sauce, mmmmm! This visit I ordered the macadamia-tempura crusted Brie cheese appetizer, served with crostini, apricot preserves, and fresh sliced pear. Flavors were exceptional! My husband and I shared the bread pudding for dessert served with caramel sauce and whipped cream. One of the best I've ever had, and I know my bread puddings! Splurge on a Keoki coffee or one of the many other flavors they have. Everything in this eatery tastes as if it was especially prepared fresh, just for you, and it probably is!
Open for lunch and dinner, extensive wine list featuring many local vineyards, home made bread, great servers, an excellent value.