“Tucked away Gem”

Ranked #1 of 1 Moss Beach B&B and Inns
Gilroy, California
“Tucked away Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Did their "Amore Special" $350 for room, which incuded a $100 certificate for dinner at a nice local restaurant and a bottle of champagne upon arrival. This place is so nice and our second time here. Room was big, clean and was called their Cypress room. It had a whirlpool tub and a nice bathroom and a balcony overlooking the garden with slight ocean view. We love this place.
I will say we noticed that the carpet had some wear areas especially on the stairs. This really did not detract for our overall appearance. The breakfast was whatever they were making for the day and was not a whole lot of options.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

I am a seasoned traveler and never cease to notice cleanliness, attitude of the staff, quality of food, etc. when I travel. I was delighted to stay at this beautiful inn recently and was warmly impressed by the place, location, staff, excellent breakfast and overall attitude and atmosphere. There are many choices around the Half Moon Bay area and for me it was hard to decide at first where to stay. Somehow this place called my attention and I am so glad that I listened to my intuition. I was not disappointed. There is an overall sense of warmth and caring for your comfort that touches your heart. Many thanks.

Room Tip: I loved the garden room and would recommend it because the view is quite soothing. The outside of th...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

My husband and I booked a weekend stay at this hotel through hotels.com. We knew we needed to call ahead to ensure there was a pet-friendly hotel room available, which we had the hotels.com phone rep do. He confirmed a room was available and we booked it. The next day, my husband received a nasty voicemail from the Inn saying there was no pet-friendly room available, we should have called ahead and they would not accommodate us. Long story short, the hotel refused to refund the $619 we paid for the room and wouldn't let us stay there. This is absolutely criminal in my opinion and I would not recommend anyone support this business.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank srisk131
Seal_Cove_Inn, Owner at Seal Cove Inn, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
This is an unfortunate situation as the guest was given completely false information. No one from Hotels.com ever contacted us, the one pet friendly room we have had been sold for weeks - so we would never have told anyone there was availability. Further, it was booked after 10pm and our desk closed at 8pm - so we know there was no contact made. For this reason, pet friendly rooms are never booked online - and as the guest knew, they (not an online travel agency employee) must call us directly to ensure availability - and to understand our pet policy and guidelines. Instead we received a nonrefundable online reservation for a room type that we never permit pets in and a follow up message in all caps that said "pet friendly room". In our responses to all of the reviews she has made, we have repeatedly offered to rebook on a date with availability for a pet friendly room, or they could have always chosen to leave their pet at home on this trip and enjoyed the beautiful view from the upstairs balcony that they would have had in their original room.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

The Inn is just lovely,The Staff are just lovely,The location is just lovely,The Food is just lovely,The Views are just lovely....
We stayed here in August 2013. What a wonderful little retreat, secluded but not so secluded so as to feel isolated.
The grounds of the Inn are so well kept and just beautiful to look out on of a morning.
Within walking distance to the Moss Beach Distillery for dinner/drinks.
The breakfast is second to none.

The ladies at reception and the staff we met were so very welcoming, firendly and knowledgable!

Look forward to visiting again one day!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Neuchatel, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

I spent two nights here with my fiancé just before Christmas, and we loved it so much.

Highlights include the cookies that they leave out for guests (all were delicious!), the home-cooked breakfast (especially the raspberry muffins) and delicious coffee, the beds (which I think were the most comfortable I have ever slept in. The sheets were incredible and I must know where they come from so that I can buy a set), and the morning run along the bluffs (to Mavericks and back was just perfect). I also love that they have hair conditioner and towel warmers in the bathrooms. And last but not least, the ladies at the reception were all incredible and service was impeccable.

It is a short drive to San Francisco and also to Half Moon Bay - an absolute must-visit, if only to eat a lobster roll at Sam's Chowder House. The only thing to look out for is that there are not a ton of late-night dining options in the area (and the inn does not have a restaurant), so don't put off dinner until 10pm like we did one night.

Overall, a wonderful experience and we can't wait to come back next time we are in the bay area!

• Stayed December 2013
Madison, WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed here in mid September 2013. It is a nice inn. The location gets a lot of fog so not really a sunny vacation spot. It was cool and foggy most of the 3 days we were there. Nothing the inn can do about that. The breakfast and afternoon refreshments were excellent. We felt there was plenty of food - particularly the breakfast. The room was spacious with a nice fireplace. There were a few signs of aging in the room decor and the bathroom in particular. It was all clean though. The nearby town of Half Moon Bay was quaint. Really good italian restaurant (It's Italia) there that the inn recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Traveltime392
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

Wow! The Seal Cove Inn was truly excellent!

We live just an hour away, so lucked out getting a one night, doggie-friendly room. I called at 3:30 on Friday afternoon, and there we were checking in by 5:00 p.m.

The grounds are amazing, even in November, there were still so many flowers. I really appreciated this.

The interior is TOP NOTCH beautiful. I notice every gorgeous detail. All the common areas are simply perfect.

It looks like some updates have been made to the room - the bed has a pretty upholstered headboard, the sheets were super soft, the room was a good size, big bathroom, and I loved the sliding glass door to the garden, but more updates are still needed such as wall-mounting the TV and getting rid of the TV cabinet.

Breakfast at the Seal Cove Inn was above and beyond fantastic. I do believe that bagel, cream cheese and smoked salmon was the best I ever had. I LOVED the Peach Bellini, and the stuff French Toast was wonderful. We kept our little dog in her crate just outside the Breakfast room, in the living room.

The Inn has direct access to the Bluff Trail which was a big reason why we were interested in this hotel. Also loved walking through the cute surrounding neighborhood.

It was ALL great, AND WE ARE GRATEFUL for their doggie-friendly policy! The owners and staff were are wonderful too.

Very well done, Seal Cove Inn!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Comfort Inn Half Moon Bay
#5 of 8 in Half Moon Bay
BEST WESTERN PLUS Lighthouse Hotel
The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay

Been to Seal Cove Inn? Share your experiences!