“A great experience.”

Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in Moss Landing
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Attentive staff, lovely decor and great food made this a wonderful place to stop for a late lunch. The deep fried artichokes were stunning and my quesadilla was really tasty.
The owner came to say hello and made a fuss of my little girl which just added to the experience.
If I am ever around there again I would return without hesitation.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We decided to use this restaurant for a family and friends dinner for my Mother's memorial. The atmosphere was nice and the food was good, but my car window was smashed out while parked in their parking lot. I don't know if they focused on my car because it had out of state plates. I immediately notified the owner's son-in-law and he said their was nothing they could do about it. He didn't even offer to call the Sheriff Dept for me. I had to do that on my own. He was apologetic, but that's about it. I also spoke to the owner and he said the same thing. He did say they had cameras facing the parking lot, but it was dark and he couldn't guarantee if they could see anything. This happened on a Saturday night and he told me to come back on Monday to view the footage. I was leaving to go back home on that day, so that was impossible to do. Plus, whoever did this would be long gone. A police report was taken for insurance purposes. Nothing was stolen because I NEVER leave valuables in my vehicle. Be aware not to park your car in a dark area of the parking lot. I had no choice because there were limited parking spaces and I happened to choose the wrong one. Needless to say, I will never go back to this restaurant again. Hopefully, my review will prevent your car from being vandalized.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Stopped by The Whole Enchilada for a early dinner while driving back from the Santa Cruz area. Living in Monterey County for many years, I have never heard any of the locals utter a bad word about this place. Right on Highway 1 in Moss Landing, a perfect place if you're driving through or want to escape the tourist trap restaurants in Monterey.

Upon entering, we were greeted promptly, seated, and the waiter was at the table in less than a minute. Chips and salsa arrived a few seconds later. Started with a steamed artichoke that was, and I've been eating artichokes for about 40 years, the best I've ever had in a restaurant. The choke was cooked just right, nicely garnished with salsa, and served with an incredible pesto dipping sauce. My wife ordered the Chicken Tamales, and I couldn't help myself so I went for the Lobster Raviolis. Both meals were outstanding. Finished the meal with a wonderful Mexican Flan that was just right. To be honest, The Whole Enchilada is far better than the majority of restaurants on the Monterey Peninsula.

This place has been serving fantastic meals for decades, and the service is top notch. Our waiter was the nicest young man you would ever want to meet. The meal presentation was on target, and everything arrived at the perfect time. I ordered a coffee with dessert that seemed to take a little longer than expected but the waiter came right over, apologized for the delay, and removed the cost of the coffee from the final tab. Nice gesture.

The Whole Enchilada has been doing it right for a long time and we will be visiting much more in the future. If your timing is right, the owner may stroll by your table and will have you in stitches. This is Mexican / seafood at it's finest.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Driven by this place for years on the way to Monterey, but friends told us to stop there for lunch, so we did. Excellent food, great service...and I needed my [happy] husband's help to even finish my lunch! I hear the drinks are great, but I was driving - so I can tell you the coffee was good. Won't be driving past there next time - we'll be stopping for lunch!

1  Thank HMBSusan
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Been eating at The Whole Enchilada for decades. Food and service are consistently good. Service the same. Absolutely nothing to complain about.

1  Thank ronshumway