“Take your business elsewhere.”

The Whole Enchilada
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Take your business elsewhere.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I decided to surprise my two kids & took them here for a "special" dinner. We sat down & I asked our waiter for children's menu. I was just told, "we don't have one", and he walked away. A family sat next to us & their waiter proceeded to give the parents recommendations for the kids since there wasn't a children's menu. We got our food & I did not see our waiter again until the bill came. I asked another waiter twice for some more water before I finally got up & took our glasses to the bar to get water. My son's order was wrong, but no waiter to let know that. The owner, (I assume) was coming around table to table "welcoming" people & asking how our food was. I told him I was disappointed in our service & that my son's food order was wrong. The response I got: "I'm sorry to hear that." Then moved onto another table. Dinners out are a treat in my family & I will not be returning here.

• Visited November 2013

“A great experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Attentive staff, lovely decor and great food made this a wonderful place to stop for a late lunch. The deep fried artichokes were stunning and my quesadilla was really tasty.
The owner came to say hello and made a fuss of my little girl which just added to the experience.
If I am ever around there again I would return without hesitation.

Grants Pass, Oregon, United States
“Be Aware...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

We decided to use this restaurant for a family and friends dinner for my Mother's memorial. The atmosphere was nice and the food was good, but my car window was smashed out while parked in their parking lot. I don't know if they focused on my car because it had out of state plates. I immediately notified the owner's son-in-law and he said their was nothing they could do about it. He didn't even offer to call the Sheriff Dept for me. I had to do that on my own. He was apologetic, but that's about it. I also spoke to the owner and he said the same thing. He did say they had cameras facing the parking lot, but it was dark and he couldn't guarantee if they could see anything. This happened on a Saturday night and he told me to come back on Monday to view the footage. I was leaving to go back home on that day, so that was impossible to do. Plus, whoever did this would be long gone. A police report was taken for insurance purposes. Nothing was stolen because I NEVER leave valuables in my vehicle. Be aware not to park your car in a dark area of the parking lot. I had no choice because there were limited parking spaces and I happened to choose the wrong one. Needless to say, I will never go back to this restaurant again. Hopefully, my review will prevent your car from being vandalized.

Salinas, California, United States
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Stopped by The Whole Enchilada for a early dinner while driving back from the Santa Cruz area. Living in Monterey County for many years, I have never heard any of the locals utter a bad word about this place. Right on Highway 1 in Moss Landing, a perfect place if you're driving through or want to escape the tourist trap restaurants in Monterey.

Upon entering, we were greeted promptly, seated, and the waiter was at the table in less than a minute. Chips and salsa arrived a few seconds later. Started with a steamed artichoke that was, and I've been eating artichokes for about 40 years, the best I've ever had in a restaurant. The choke was cooked just right, nicely garnished with salsa, and served with an incredible pesto dipping sauce. My wife ordered the Chicken Tamales, and I couldn't help myself so I went for the Lobster Raviolis. Both meals were outstanding. Finished the meal with a wonderful Mexican Flan that was just right. To be honest, The Whole Enchilada is far better than the majority of restaurants on the Monterey Peninsula.

This place has been serving fantastic meals for decades, and the service is top notch. Our waiter was the nicest young man you would ever want to meet. The meal presentation was on target, and everything arrived at the perfect time. I ordered a coffee with dessert that seemed to take a little longer than expected but the waiter came right over, apologized for the delay, and removed the cost of the coffee from the final tab. Nice gesture.

The Whole Enchilada has been doing it right for a long time and we will be visiting much more in the future. If your timing is right, the owner may stroll by your table and will have you in stitches. This is Mexican / seafood at it's finest.

Half Moon Bay, California
“Plentiful and delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Driven by this place for years on the way to Monterey, but friends told us to stop there for lunch, so we did. Excellent food, great service...and I needed my [happy] husband's help to even finish my lunch! I hear the drinks are great, but I was driving - so I can tell you the coffee was good. Won't be driving past there next time - we'll be stopping for lunch!

• Visited September 2013