“Cool Dude runs the place”

The Whole Enchilada
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This place is a converted gas station from many years ago. It was very comfortable place to hang out. The tourist channel had a review that was pretty spot on. The owner is an older gentleman, but he greats every customer as if they were family. He actually thanks you for dining there even before you order. The food was very good. If you want a place to hang out for a couple hours with friends and enjoy conversation this is the place!

There are newer reviews for The Whole Enchilada

Reviewed 6 February 2014

We plan all our trips south from San Francisco to go through Moss Landing just so we can stop at the Whole Enchilada. On our last trip, I had the Mariscos chimichanga and my husband had the Mariscos chile relleno. Both were fabulous. Fresh fish, tasty cheeses and chiles! The Whole Enchilada Margarita is also delicious and you can practically bathe in the Fiesta size! The owner always stops by at the table to say hello, check on our meal and thank us for coming to his restaurant. We have been lucky enough to have the same waitress for our last two or three visits and although we only come 2-3 times per year, she always seems to recognize us, maybe just a trick of the trade, but it makes you feel special.
Not sure why other reviews haven't been 5 star but we would highly recommend it. We have sent friends there and they always comment on the great food as well.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Best thing they have here is the Chicken enchilada. I have had the beans and rice on two occasions and was not able to finish them since they were not fresh or very good. There are better Mexican food choices in the area. I have not returned.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I decided to surprise my two kids & took them here for a "special" dinner. We sat down & I asked our waiter for children's menu. I was just told, "we don't have one", and he walked away. A family sat next to us & their waiter proceeded to give the parents recommendations for the kids since there wasn't a children's menu. We got our food & I did not see our waiter again until the bill came. I asked another waiter twice for some more water before I finally got up & took our glasses to the bar to get water. My son's order was wrong, but no waiter to let know that. The owner, (I assume) was coming around table to table "welcoming" people & asking how our food was. I told him I was disappointed in our service & that my son's food order was wrong. The response I got: "I'm sorry to hear that." Then moved onto another table. Dinners out are a treat in my family & I will not be returning here.

Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Attentive staff, lovely decor and great food made this a wonderful place to stop for a late lunch. The deep fried artichokes were stunning and my quesadilla was really tasty.
The owner came to say hello and made a fuss of my little girl which just added to the experience.
If I am ever around there again I would return without hesitation.