“Just Like Summer Camp”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Shasta
Mount Shasta City KOA
Tucson, Arizona
“Just Like Summer Camp”
Reviewed 27 June 2012

What a nice place to stay. For being so close to the freeway, it seemed like your in a National Park. The accommodations were clean. Grounds well kept. The manger and staff were very polite and extremely helpful when my car battery died. We felt safe with the other campers there. Lots of area to walk our pets. (big lot on the opposite side of the office). Town was 5 minutes away with great food and drink. Oh yea the train- wasn't a bother. Slept like a baby.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank David S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Jose, California
Reviewed 22 June 2012

My wife and I have traveled throughout the US and Canada and have tent camped in every condition imagineable - from wilderness to RV parks. So we may have more experience than some reviewers. Now in our 60s, we recently bought a 13 foot Scamp travel trailer and started visiting KOAs. On our most recent trip in far northern California (an area we are very famiar with) we sayed at Mt. Shasta KOA for three nights.. We cannot say enough about Mount Shasta KOA. Friendly and extremely helpful staff. Very clean. Very well stocked store. Convenient to all local attractions - including the mountain itself. I would recommend this KOA to anyone. As XC skiers and snow shoers we will likely return this winter to to use this KOA as a base for exploration of the mountain.

As to the negative comments on this website: some people are negative by nature. They will never be happy with anything. When people moam about unpaved roads or dust I suggest they find something real to worry about.

Gerard F. Roney
San Jose, CA

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gerard124
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed 1 June 2012

We camped here for a month while waiting to move back into our home we thought was sold. Everyone was friendly, there was a pool, showers, restrooms, cabins, walking distance to center of town (more than 4 blocks), close to city park. Well mannered pets are accepted, families and seniors will enjoy their stay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Frogdancer
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 14 March 2012

After an all day drive with my dog in the car, I was excited to get settled in the cabin I had reserved at Mt. shasta. Upon arrival, I see a sign on the door that says "office closed due to famikly emergency". According to other campers, their "family emergencies" seem to be the norm rather than the exception. After I parked next to the office, I went toward the bathrooms, but guess what. They were closed!. Are you kidding me? So I found a tree and took care of business. I then picked up the key "at least they did that right", and went to the cabin. It was clean, but the mattresses were of very poor quality. I was creative and used the two bunk mattresses to double the twin bed mattress. It would have been much more comfortable if I had just brought my tent and a sleeping bag, given that it felt like I was sleeping on concrete.

Then to add insult to injury, the loudest train goes by adjacent to the campground all night. The first time I heard it, I thought it was some kind of emergency alarm. KOA should at least have the courtesy of putting a sign up warning people of the noise. They could it right next to the sign that says that they are closed.

Do not stay here!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Mount Shasta hotels

Anderson, California
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I am new to the KOA Kamping experience, and thought that I would choose something close by as way to try to them out. To say the least, I was not disappointed, in fact, I intend to return several times!! Nicole was great, very knowledgeable about the area, and she took the initiative to upgrade us to cabin that was closer to the restrooms/showers, as it was very cold that weekend. We were not disappointed and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The campground is beautiful, impeccable grounds with huge trees, and lot's of nooks and crannies to explore. I don't have kids, but the playground looked like a lot of fun. It's very close to the main town of Mt. Shasta, in fact, if you don't mind a good walk, you can just park and walk. I am also going to add-unless you absolutely hate trains, or have a complete aversion to noise, the trains didn't bother either of us, in fact, we loved listening for them.

Room Tip: Rent a two room cabin, over a one room. Even though we don't have kids, that second room was gre...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Keesgirl007
loomis ca
Reviewed 6 October 2011

We had been camping in State and National parks. We thought we would give KOA a try, not expecting much.

We were thrilled to meet Nicole. She was so warm, genuinely friendly, helpful with directions and restaurant recommendations, camp site selection. She couldnt do enough. There isnt much one can do to differentiate themselves in a campsite setting, but her service was over the top and made us want to stay longer. We will certainly return and recommend this facility to others.

The grounds were clean, nice trees, large campsites. The restrooms were clean with nice hot showers. There was even a swimming pool.

Go there. It is much nicer than the other option outside of Shasta that we checked out.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ernieLoomisCa
Oakland, California
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Me too I really don't understand the negative reviews.The staff was super friendly,I wanna mention Nicole.Cabins so cute,have everything you need.Roads are dusty,but that's one of the best part.It was fun for us drive on dirt,natural!

Room Tip: I recommend cabins,if you can cook.You"ll bring grocery,cook homemade food and enjoy outside pi...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends