“From an avid KOA-er: AVOID THIS KOA” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mount Shasta City KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Shasta
Mount Shasta City KOA
Santa Cruz, California
“From an avid KOA-er: AVOID THIS KOA”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2010

I just returned from a 23-day camping trip where most of our stays were at KOAS (LOVE THEM!!!) So, please know that this review is to help save someone from below standard conditions. At the Mt. Shasta KOA, these were the negatives: Extreme infestation of mosquitoes, stagnant water (with mosquito larvae) in playground tire, only one central bathroom with bathroom code that didn't work all the time, a train that seemed to pass right through the campground 3 times during the night with a blaring horn, freezing cold pool, and a staff member who just uh-huhed me as I was talking and trying to inquire about the freakish mosquito population. Her response: "It's nature and there's nothing we can do about it." Well, in other KOAs, they DO do something about it, so I found out. So, save your money and go elsewhere.

Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank sixeagle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Washougal, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2010

After traveling 8 hours towing a pop-up trailer with a minivan full of kids we finally made it to the campground, which had great views and the kids loved the pool. We arrived at 5:15 and the girl at the office was leaving. Her attitude was not friendly and told my husband that she was taking a lunch break and would be back in a half hour. Keep in mind we still needed to set up our trailer and make dinner for our hungry and tired crew. After she got back it only took her less than 5 minutes to get us checked in. I feel that making the customer wait a half an hour with small children while you eat lunch when you could just point to our site so we could at least get set up is poor customer service. Plus the care-less attitude. Maybe you will have better luck if you don't check in during their breaks. About the campground: Bathrooms are old, but clean. Pool was cold, but the kids don't mind. They have a video arcade, but most of them were out of order. It is beautiful and quiet except for the train throughout the night.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Tomalynn

Travellers are raving about these Mount Shasta hotels

Santa Rosa, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2010

We have stayed in KOA's across California and have yet to be dissappointed. The Mt. Shasta KOA was no exception upon arrival. The campground is very well kept, the staff is friendly and the cabin we stayed in was adorable and very clean. The only problem was the train that runs through Shasta. The tracks are about 100 yards away from the campground. It ran through Shasta every two hours from 10: PM until about 4:00 AM. Maybe some can sleep through that but the cabins are uninsulated so I could hear it coming at least a mile away. Many staying in RV's said they didn't hear it.
I don't blame the staff for this. I'm sure many stay at the campground and aren't bothered. I am only writing this so that others might be informed. If I would have read a review like this, I would have stayed elsewhere. Moving forward, I will do my homework in regard to rail lines in a given area.

Kara