“Cabins Are In Poor Repair”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Shasta
Lake Siskiyou Camp - Resort
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We arrived to find the two cabins we rented in very bad condition. The disability cabin had a lock that would not work after the third try and a completely rotted out bathroom. The water damage was incredible and the management was quite surprised when I showed it to them. The second cabin had a dead rat or squirrel in it and they were also surprised by the overwhelming smell but alas could not find the dead rodent and after the first night they moved our family to another cabin. All other services at this facility are great. It really is a shame that services providers can't give a few tips to the maintenance crew.

Room Tip: If you want have a great time go to this camp resort...but do not expect a well kept cabin. I will...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank happykampersyarn

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I made a reservation for campsite 24 for May 19th-22nd and just now had to call to cancel my reservation due to the weather report (rain + thunder storms). I told them that I was planning on climbing Mt. Shasta with two of my close college friends and that I did not have a lot of money and would appreciate my deposit returned to me. They told me that I did not call within the seven days, which would have been yesterday, required to get my deposit back and therefore would loose my deposit. They said they had no choice, "that the computer would not allow it", so I asked to speak with a manager. The manager told me the same thing. "the computer would not allow it", and I stated that, "that is a great excuse", and was then told, "well, I have the option of changing it". So I stated, "giving the circumstances, and that I have stayed here many times before and will again when the weather will allow us to climb, as well as the fact that we are all broke college students who don't have $25 dollars to pay out when we will not even be able (because of the weather) to stay there can you do me a one time curtesy? Well the short answer is that they were very rude and would not refund my money. So, if that is how they want to make money from me then they can't have my business in the future. In my opinion, they all acted like some heartless cyborgs, who kept stating, 'the computer won't allow it". Also, they even told me that nobody had even tried to rent the campground and still would not return the money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Michael W
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The camp is large so arriving in the spring with few people there is a treat! The fishing was great too, caught a monster 4.5lb trout off the dock! Sites are clear, some very deep for a trailer and a tent, or a long 5th wheel. Access and turn arounds are large. Saw some of the cabins, would not rent until they renovate - too expensive for run-down cabins. Great hiking/biking trails around the lake, the views are spectacular, the water clear as crystal. Staff, though thin while we were there since no boats or equipment was out yet to rent, was friendly and helpful. Other beautiful destinations and lakes are a short drive away. Dear through the campgrounds so don't leave food out. While we were there a very quiet, peaceful, restful spot among the pines. Our site was a short walk from the lake, perfect! I do wish they would spruce up the fire pits a bit. A little north of $40 a night for our 28ft pull behind trailer. Had a wonderful time!

Room Tip: Sites near lake are premium, reserve early. Noted many group areas that friends have said are great...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Very large campground with close but mostly private sites. Great location next to the lake, good for family swimming. Short hikes possible from the campground. Bears were a problem due to trash cans not being bear safe.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank 2Luvbrds
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We had such a great time camping at Lake Siskiyou. The camp sites are large and separated, the views are spectacular and there is a general store if you forgot to bring something. My wife and I both left thinking that this was probably our new favorite place to camp. There is lots to do for the kids with the beach and splash zone, while the adults can enjoy a cool beverage and watch. They show movies every night, outside. I don't know about some of the other reviews, because we didn't stay in a cabin, but they looked nice. We had a great time and will be back next year.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank jumpropetraveler
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We had sixty people in our group, we rented cabins, camp sites and full hook up sites. We have been camping here for about 35 years. This is the first time we rented a cabin. Location right on the lake, very nice. Beds terrible, floors not cleaned, sliding door hard to open. If they would clean and do maintenance they would be worth every penny. They don't so I bring the motor home next year. We also rented the hall, full kitchen, big deck, table and chairs. Again great if the would just clean it. Carpet was stained in several spots. All in all we had a great time. Hire better people to take care of the place. Location and views are great, lots of hiking, bike riding and kayaking.

Room Tip: Bring your own.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Anot7
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

We had seen photos of the lake inflatables and, being fans of the TV show "Wipeout," my kids wanted to try. We were shocked to have to pay per person to get into the camp area. Then we had to pay $7 per person for an hour on the inflatables. For a family of 4 it cost $28! It was fun, but the rest of the gorgeous pristine lake is free. We'd been having such a fantastic time fishing, swimming, and kayaking at other beaches that we didn't need to pay to play except that I mistakenly showed kids the photos of the inflatables. However, it was a nice shallow entry and smooth part of the lake for my young nephew who didn't navigate rocks and deep water elsewhere. So we had a fantastic time but were appalled at the high cost.

• Stayed: August 2013
#5 of 9 in Mount Shasta
Mount Shasta Resort
Mount Shasta Resort
#2 of 9 in Mount Shasta

Been to Lake Siskiyou Camp - Resort? Share your experiences!