“Definitely has the potential, needs more attention to cleanliness!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Shasta
Lake Siskiyou Camp - Resort
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Been camping here for more than 10 years!! Can't beat the location and the lake is beautiful!! General store and soft serve ice cream are the best! Bathrooms and overall cleanliness of the campground definitely have declined over the years! Seems like the focus is on making money and not on the quality of the experience for guests!! Too bad! :(

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Isabella S

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed in cabin L8 for three nights at $160 a day. The wooden floors were dirty and well worn. I cleaned up a spill and the towel turned black with dirt from years of accumulation . A floor furnace vent in the middle of the main room had a whole in it so we were constantly warning everyone not trip. The sliding glass door had no wheels left on the slider so it was very difficult to open and close. The small rug adjacent to the sliding door had grease spots everywhere. Years of rot and mildew filled the cracks where the shower/tub met the wall/floor. The so-called mattress in the loft was cracked and ripped. They promised sheets for the living room futon but that didn't happen. The cabin is one of the nearest to the water and that is a plus. Oh, did I mention the barking dog from the adjacent cabin. They told us no dogs were allowed. Don't waste your money on this cabin. There are newer cabins but I wouldn't expect they're cleaned or maintained any better.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank John B
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

The first time I visited the resort was about 18 years ago. I clearly recall the cleanliness of the lake and sites, a generally positive vibe, a sense of pride noticeable in the appearance of the resort. After visiting last weekend, I was shocked at the "waste" of such a prime camping spot.
As many here say, the place is far from what it could be. I'm an avid camper and expect some basics that this resort ignores. The sites are littered. There are no critter proof garbage bins. Overnight, you'll find the cans tipped over with trash all over the place. There are no critter proof food cabinets. The bathrooms are dirty. Not camping dusty dirty, but gross dirty. There seems to be no security. Bring something to fend off aggressive yellow jackets. Be aware of litter on the beach. I saw a glass bottle and a discarded large bandage.
That all said, the sites are of good size. The lake's main background of Mt. Shasta is gorgeous. The splash zone is fun for kids.
If you are used to the professionalism and care you find at most NPS run grounds, you won't find it here. Mediocre site. Family fun still possible since kids won't notice all of this. Would I go back? Unlikely.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank LittleLily29
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Shocked on how poorly maintained this place was. Trash cans over filled because they dont pick up the garbage daily. The Bathroom are disgusting n the toilets are plugged and not clean. There are No bear locks even though there are bears scavenging d camp grounds. Staff is not friendly. Tons of yellow jackets. No mosquitos tho. There's nothing special about the Cabins and they do not look clean. Many site do not have shade. Im very disappointed that this place is not keeping the grounds clean n safer for campers, nature and d
animals.

Lake is beautiful n lots to do on it. Easy access to the lake.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank cpcort
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Our camping trip was an absolute nightmare! The campsite had no flat spot for a tent and was next to a group site ( which we were unaware of). There ended up being over eleven tents and cars all around our campsite. Our lovely neighbors blasted music all day and late into the night. It was total party central and was so loud we didn't get to relax at all. I found it ironic that we went to the middle of the woods for peace and quiet and ended up in a hectic, stressful nightmare. The arcade wasn't set up for the first two days and once it was ready a lot of the games were broken. Splash zone was not set up the whole time we were there. It was so bad we left the "resort" and went into town to get away from the crazy atmosphere. I couldn't wait to leave. Our last day I was up at six to pack and get my family the heck out of there. Definitely not how I remember this place being.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank MamaCedar
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the campground. The space was in the E section. We originally were out way in the back but asked to be moved and were much happier. We could walk 100 yards to the lake for fishing and a 5 min walk to the beach. The beach has
A floating water park in the lake for the kids (trampolines, towers, ect) really neat! There is a 7 mile easy bike ride around the whole lake that's a must do. The lake is chilly, we didn't catch any fish but we did rent a pontoon boat for 2 hours $110.00. The speed limit on the lake is 10mph so it was just to site see. Worth it.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Mag J
Reviewed 19 June 2014

When spending $153 per night for a cabin, I would expect that I would not find 300-400 dead bugs on the kitchen counter and floor. After I asked them to come clean, I found dead bugs on/under/around the appliances (toaster). They did not refresh the towels, toilet paper and we were there for 5 days. NEVER STAY IN THEIR CABINS, unless you want to feel like something is crawling on you the entire time.

Room Tip: Bring your own tent or trailer.