Bill was very gracious to accomodate my family for one night last minute on our way to Oregon. We were greeted in the driveway before we even made it out of the car! A super friendly and professional staff toured us around this lovely home & made sure we were comfortable. The room we were in was HUGE, as was the bathroom, especially considering the age of the home! I felt like we were visiting Grandma's home in the country, which was ideal for us!
Bill and his staff were very knowledgeable about the area and gave us a few options for local dining. They also had some menus from local places in the foyer, which I thought was a great idea! They also directed us to the nearest Lake Siskiyou trail for a morning hike.
The breakfast served made us feel spoiled...nice linens and china, home made crepes stuffed with fresh strawberries and apples, they were delicious!
Oh, and yes, the view from the vernanda is amazing! The only drawback to our stay was that we couldn't get the parrot to speak!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Northern California, 2-story ranch house offers a rustic glimpse into the past in a historical setting. Built in 1923 by H. D. "Curley" Brown as a thoroughbred horse ranch, the original guest accommodations included the main house and several cottages and bungalows. Present-day guests can still enjoy the unique atmosphere and mood of those early years which are reflected in the Mt. Shasta Ranch Bed & Breakfast. This magnificent home has four spacious guestrooms in the main house, separate carriage house with five bedrooms and a two-bedroom cottage. At the end of the day, sit by the crackling fire and look forward to a large county style breakfast in the morning. We hope our relaxed atmosphere will make you feel at home at Shasta Starr Ranch B & B. We're a gracious affordable alternative to hotels. We look forward to welcoming you. As many of the B & B's long time guests may know Julian and Kachina Starr have purchased the B & B, and as of April 1, 2015, we took over from Bill and Mary Larsen. Bill and Mary have owned the building for 30 years, 20 of which they have run it as the B & B giving it lots of love and hard work. We know many folks will miss them. The Starr's feel honored that the Larsen's chose them as their predecessors and will continue the B & B tradition. The new owners, Julian and Kachina Starr have owned and operated Turtle Rock Resort in Gold Beach, Oregon for eighteen years and will bring their experience to the Northern California B & B. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Shasta Starr Ranch B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Shasta Ranch Hotel Mount Shasta
- Mount Shasta Ranch b&b
- Shasta Starr Ranch B&B Mount Shasta, California