“Flys in the Pots”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Mount Shasta
vancouver Washington
“Flys in the Pots”
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We recently rented the 2 bedroom Chalet. The location is beautiful! Yet the chalets are managed incredibly bad. We rented the chalet specifically because we like to cook. We soon discovered it to be a poorly equipped kitchen. The oven was falling apart, no dishwasher and only the most rudimentary kitchen gadgets available. It is a bit hard to make pasta and bake cookies without pans, cookie sheets and colanders. The lazy housekeeping staff did bring me 2 pots. When I opened the pots they had flies and cobwebs. We stayed three nights and the most we got out of the lazy staff was one made bed and some fresh towels. Then the staff left an envelope for a tip....Yikes! At 235.00 buckaroos a night it should have better service. We did love the layout of the chalet but next time for this price we will rent from V.R.B.O.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank hisfollower

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We checked-in pretty late, but we had informed earlier about the late checkin.
The 2 bedroom chalet we stayed at, was super cool. It was very homely, clean and well maintained.

There is plenty of seating, a neat fire place, plenty of utensils in the kitchen.
However, the beds were not properly done when we requested house-keeping to clean up the rooms. The linen was all haphazardly tucked in.

Apart from this...no other complaints. Will definitely go there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Neha S
Palm Desert, California
Reviewed 30 July 2011

If you like fresh air, hiking, fishing, golf or just the great outdoors, this is the spot. From almost everywhere, you have a beautiful view of Mount Shasta. The living quarters are two minutes away from the lodge located amidst the pine trees. Wonderful smells in the morning. The room was not yet renovated, but comfortable nonetheless. Comfy king bed with a large spa tub in a spacious room. The newly renovated rooms (I got to see one) are beautiful. And the massages in the spa are the best. Great place to go get yourself rejuvenated. Golf course is beautiful and more challenging than one might think. Dining is good, especially as you sit looking out at the mountain. Getting ready for our next visit.

Room Tip: Get a renovated room. They are really nice.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
near Birmingham
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I am English, so I see this beautiful place through those eyes. Mount Shasta is one the 7 sacred locations in the World according to Buddhist tradition. Okay, that already makes it special. But add to that the secluded, luxurious wooden chalets on the side of a lake in a pine forest and you have all the spiritual enchantment and peace in the world. This place is just breathtaking.

The resort is also a golf haven, but I didn't go there for that, so can't comment on it. The hotel staff are the height of impeccable service, with catering and facilities which are perfect. Not too ostentatious, but still of high quality. Just wonderful service!

I have no hesitation in recommending this 100% to the nervous English traveller who wants to see America but finds it all a bit overwhelming. Here it is small and friendly and you could certainly go there alone, as I did.

It was tranquil, healing, restful and special. What more can I say...

Room Tip: Perfect for first time visit to America
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 27 July 2010

For golfing, family reunions and/or mountain adventures, Mt Shasta Resort is lovely. The mountain view is spectacular, and the lodges comfortable and nice. We stayed in a chalet with a queen sofa bed and a queen in the bedroom which comfortably hosted myself, my two little kids and a family friend (kids and I slept in bedroom, she in sofa bed). The chalet was quite comfortable, though I'm going to ding them for their room service. We arrived to a half cleaned cabin, with stains in the bathroom and some garbage from the last guest, which was a little gross. However, when we called it in the manager was hugely apologetic and gave us a discount off of the tab. Unfortunately the next night housekeeping still missed a few things so i think they need to fix the cleaning issue. The chalets are located a bit far from the lobby and restaurant, so a car is definitely required (not walking distance from chalets to the lobby/restaurant). Would have preferred if they called that out on the website while booking. Nothing is in walking distance; not the lobby/restaurant, golf links or the town center, so a car is definitely a must.

Also, the wifi connection in the chalets (though impressive that they even had it all all) was VERY spotty. I was not able to connect to my company's intranet at all. The manager told me they are working on this so this may be fixed in the future. If you want to work during your trip, I'd reconsider at this time since connection is so poor.

However, other than those few things, the resort is nice and compared to some of the other places I drove by in the town, I'd recommend it. Staff is super nice and when we complained about a few things they were highly apologetic. Standard here seems higher than other resorts/hotes in the area, and the town/area itself is magical. In spite of the poor housecleaning, the chalets are really nice and a great spot for a family reunion (which actually took place while we were there; neat to see!).

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Maggie_Traveladvisor
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 July 2010

I went there with extended family for the memorial day weekend. We stayed in a lake view chalet (2bed 1.5bath). We were 6 adults + 1kid. The place was big enough for us, kitchen was well equipped. The lakeview isn't much of the view. The food from the restaurant in the club house (where you check-in) was good and portions were pretty big. The place is near most of the local attractions. Must see Castle lake. Nice hikes also close. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
California
Reviewed 9 February 2010

I made a reservation for a few days in February 2010 for a weekend of snowboarding. When you book online, they tell you at check-out that there is a cancellation fee of 10%, but I booked nonetheless, since we had no intention of cancelling. Then the unforeseen happened and my son fractured his wrist, forcing us to postpone the trip. I called Mount Shasta Resort 10 days before our reservation date to reschedule for two weeks later, but they still insisted on collecting the 10% cancellation fee! They didn't care that it was a medical emergency and they didn't care that I wasn’t cancelling but rescheduling. The unhelpful receptionist even checked with the manager, and he/she insisted on collecting the fee. Needless to say, I canceled the whole thing and I hope the 10% was worth it for them.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
McCloud Mercantile Hotel
Mt. Shasta Inn and Suites
Mt. Shasta Inn and Suites
#2 of 9 in Mount Shasta

Been to Mount Shasta Resort? Share your experiences!