My husband and stayed here for one night while on a week long scenic road trip. We chose this place based on its wooded location and Tripadvisor reviews. We did not make reservations ahead of time and booked our room as walk-ins.
The woman at reception was awesome. Being that we stayed during a shoulder/off season, we pretty much had our pick of types of rooms available. She went through what was what and the pricing and helped us decide on a room. We booked a "Woodland King Jacuzzi," which turned out to be perfect for us. We did have the choice to book a lake view room, but chose not to since we arrived at nightfall and would be leaving the next morning. Being in a wooded area (don't leave food in the car!) during bear season was enough of a thrill.
Our room was on one end of a triplex unit. It was located just a short drive down the road from the main lodge. I loved how it felt like were were in the middle of the woods, but not isolated and lonely. The room itself was quite large and had plenty of space for two people. The furnishings were average for what you expect for the price. There was lots of drawer space, good closet space, and I liked having the sink/mirror area outside of the toilet/shower room. There was a mini fridge, microwave, and coffee/tea set up as well. The Wifi was free and fast. The bed was a comfortable firmer pillowtop and the linens were nice. I did use the jacuzzi to relax after a long day of driving, and the jets worked great. Plenty of towels too.
The only "problem" we had was an issue with either some of the electric outlets or maybe it was the appliances themselves. The coffee maker outlet didn't work, so we moved it across the room. Also, the hair dryer died after a minute. I was able to plug my own hair dryer in the same outlet and use it with no further issues.
Overall: Yes, I would stay here again. No regrets not having a lake view room since daylight revealed that the lake is actually down a steep slope. Even lake view rooms get only a glimpse of the lake below through the woods. Whatever you do, don't eat at the resort's restaurant despite the "guest discount", it was horrible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled at the base of beautiful Mount Shasta is one of Northern California's finest All-Season Resorts. Mount Shasta Resort encompasses all that you could ask for when searching for a place to stay and play. After 18 holes of golf, dine in our beautiful restaurant or relax more casually in our family friendly lounge. Unwind amidst some of the most pristine landscape imaginable in our Chalet accommodations with separate kitchenette, dining room, deck, and living room with a cozy gas fireplace. Be sure to visit the Evergreen Day Spa after a long day of skiing, fishing or golfing, for total relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Mount Shasta Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Shasta Hotel Mount Shasta
- Mt Shasta Resort
- Mount Shasta Resort California