“Wooded retreat with everything you need”

Mount Shasta Resort
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Mount Shasta
dublin
“Wooded retreat with everything you need”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Booked a two bedroom lake view cabin for four nights and enjoyed every minute. Kitchen had adequate supplies for cooking, large living area and two nice sized bedrooms. The beds were comfortable, and plenty of closet and dresser space. The deck was great, with a view of Lake Siskiyou. There is a 7 mile path around that lake that you can pick up right near the cabins. Golf course, tennis courts, and a restaurant, all within walking distance of our cabin. Only think missing was a swimming pool. GREAT views of Mount Shasta. Staff was very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DublinIslanddreamer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Alta Loma, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed here last night in rm 214, one of the triplex chalets and absolutely loved it. There are many accommodations here; duplex, triplex, etc.. it's really in the forest near the lake so you feel like you're in the woods and back to nature, plus the amazing views of mount Shasta from the dining area. Bring your golf clubs or tennis rackets as the sports accommodations are also perfect: took a short walk around the golf course and saw several white-tail deer around. Before we booked had read the reviews from others and it seems there are always haters that just can't be pleased, boo to you people. My wife is in the hotel industry, we've traveled the world and we loved it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
california
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Booked a week for my husband and his friend to go fishing. Management gave them a chalet that hadn't been refurbished or even cleaned in a long time. Cobwebs everywhere. Management told me this was a really nice resort and the rooms beautiful. This wasn't the case.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank danaha
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Loved the location in a pine forest. We stayed in a "chalet" with two queen beds. It was quiet despite sharing a wall with another unit. On a future visit might stay in one of their larger chalets with kitchen and deck. Close to Lake Siskyou. Restaurant was pleasant but food was lackluster.

Room Tip: The small chalets are just big hotel-type rooms with small refrigerator and microwave. Good value th...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Saganorth
Livermore, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

We purchased a Amazon deal to stay for 2 nights. The pictures of the resort looked interesting so we thought let's go and have a new adventure. We like to discover new places that we've never stayed before. It was a long 5 hour trip from our SF Bay Area home.
Erin at the front desk was very welcoming and friendly. When I read reviews I noticed people had recommended to pay the extra and get your chalet overlooking the lake. GREAT advice, well worth the little extra money. Our one bedroom chalet was perfect for us. We quickly unloaded the car and then stood out on the lovely back deck and just took in the whole beautiful scene...the trees and the lake...peace and quiet..so tranquil. Five deer were laying just beyond our deck and were not at all concerned with us just being a few feet away.
We drove back to the resort main building and headed upstairs for dinner. They were only serving in the lounge that night....which was fine with us. There was a happy group (many were young families) enjoying the live music and the end of a beautiful day. The view out the window was to be enjoyed also, as it overlooked the golf course and the majestic huge white Mt. Shasta in the background. The live entertainment was great fun...it was 2 guys named the Rockin' Tacos (Jimmy Limo and Rod). Rod came over to our table and handed us two items that he said were salt and pepper shakers. When we picked them up we could tell there was stuff inside. He said they were really shakers and we were now part of the band.....what a great idea to get the room involved in the act. ..I kind of let it slip that my husband sang and played guitar. After our dinner my husband was even invited to play one of their guitars and he sang a George Strait country (love) song ......he was so embarrased...but he did a great job and got a big applause...I was so proud of him.
Back at our chalet we enjoyed watching the sunset outside on our deck, then came inside and enjoyed the fire. We slept great in the comfortable beds and woke up excited to look out all the windows at our gorgeous view...we had to count our blessings. My husband couldn't wait to get down the slope and take pictures of the perfect "glass lake"...not a ripple on the water...perfect mirror reflections. The only downside was it was ony 33*.
Our last morning I told my husband that I didn't want to leave. The weather was perfect (sunny and in the low 60's), the chalet was so perfect with the view of the lake and trees. I asked my husband if he could call work and say you are taking a couple of extra days off? In the 19 years of marriage we had never done anything like that before. As he was talking to his office I pulled up the resort website to see how much the nightly rate would be. My husband then called the reservation desk and asked what kind of deal they could offer us. After a few minutes my husband said we could stay for $145/night and did we want to do that? I said that would be great (it was lower than their website rates). The only hiccup was we would have to change rooms. (pack up all our junk) That would be a pain since we had all our junk everywhere and loved our chalet and it's view, but we would do that to be able to stay two more nights. About 5 minutes later the employee from the reservation desk called and said she switched some other people around and we could stay in our chalet after all. Hooray !!! He asked for her name....The helpful kind voice on the other end of the phone was a lady named Bonnie.
I had recently recieved two Trip Advisor pins to give to any employee, that we met on our travels, that we felt had make special efforts for us. I knew right away I had to met Bonnie in the reservation department and present her with my very first Trip Advisor pin. She managed to get us a great rate AND switched things around so we didn't have to move from our lovely chalet. I was so excited to present her with the pin and read what it said on the card. "A Trip Advisor member wants to THANK YOU BONNIE for your outstanding service today! This pin is for you, as special recognition for your extra special efforts. It tells your guests that YOU go out of your way to make travel experiences the best they can be bej! CONGRATULATIONS !! She was really touched and wanted to come hug me. I felt really special to be able to compliment a person for doing a great job. She made us feel comfortable and happy on our trip, and made it possible for us to be able to stay 2 more nights in our own chalet.
A BIG thank you to Bonnie, and all the other kind employees that we dealt with on our trip to the resort, who were warm, kind, professional and helpful. We look forward to returning to the resort again.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and get a chalet overlooking the lake
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Grammy S
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

My family of 3 stayed at Mount Shasta resort on our way back from a 5 day road trip. The chalet that we stayed was one bed room which overlooked the lake. It was really spacious well maintained.

We just stayed in the chalet as we were tried after the long drive and desperately wanted some rest. And yes.. we slept comfortably. My 10 month son did wake in the middle of the night as he usually does; I attribute that to the soft pillows and mattress i guess... :-)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Akhil M
Lake Tahoe/Truckee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

I do love this resort but I have noticed a few things that have changed this last stay. The front desk hostess was not very friendly although I will say that housekeeping and the restaurant staff more than made up for that with their great attitudes and attentive customer service. I responded to an advertisement for a girls spa weekend and because we had three guests, not two or four, we weren't allowed to take advantage of the special offer, a bit misleading I felt. It also took some time and three or four calls between the reservation agent who didn't know how to book the advertised package and myself. While the lake is beautiful it's not a hot tub or a pool. This resort is so new and fresh feeling, I have a hard time believing they don't even have one hot tub, just some spa tubs in a room type. There isn't a fitness room or gym on site either. You can drive to a fitness center in town for a fee but that's a hassle. A big miss...I also felt the room type we booked was a bit expensive for the property offerings and the room amenities. I will continue to stay here when I travel to Mt. Shasta but I will be looking for accommodations in town that may offer the quality and a pool/hot tub at a lower price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
McCloud Mercantile Hotel
Mt. Shasta Inn and Suites
Mt. Shasta Inn and Suites
#2 of 9 in Mount Shasta

Been to Mount Shasta Resort? Share your experiences!