“Very Nice All'Round”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Mount Shasta
British Columbia, Canada
“Very Nice All'Round”
Reviewed 6 August 2005

We stayed 3 nights mid-July/05 for a family wedding. This Resort really had a (refined and civilized) back woods country feeling..just like where we live in the Canadian mountains. We had a standard 2 Queen room in a three unit cabin. The room was very large, and seemed quite new. Beds were very comfy, AC worked well, shower had lots of pressure, fridge was a good size, the sink & vanity area was seperate from the toilet & shower area. Lots of drawer & closet space. The only thing needed that would have made this an excellent rating, would be a pool.
If we are in the area again, we would stay again.

• Stayed July 2005
7 Thank lasekeye

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Pasadena, TX
Reviewed 8 June 2005

After reading other trip advisor reviews we decided to check out the Mount Shasta Resort. The fun started at check-in with fun banter with the reception personnel helping us find the best golf package. We didn't have any advance reservations, but we were able to secure a Woodlands Room and golf. What we got was a huge room with 2 double beds, extra large bathroom and almost complete isolation (how peaceful and quiet it was).

The hotel staff set us up a morning tee time before we ever checked in. The golf package included lunch for the two of us. Golf course was challenging for us flatlanders from Texas, but with the help of two local gentlemen who agreed to play with us, we managed just fine. Views of Mt. Shasta from the golf course and main building were fantastic.

We highly recommend this resort for all types of travelers.

• Stayed May 2005
7 Thank TexCatBird
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 November 2004

We love this hotel. We have stayed at 5 star hotels this is our favorite. The room they give you is huge. We of course stayed in one of the chalet. We get more for our money here. We are treated great and the food is good too. It is the best kept secret in Northern California. Going back soon.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reno
Reviewed 8 September 2004

We spent last weekend at the Mount Shasta Resort and had a great time. When you do go, check in to your room at the golf course clubhouse. We drove around a while because there weren’t any signs indicating where to check in.

Once in, we found our room to be large, clean, comfortable and in a lovely location. There were deer grazing in our yard. I started to fix us drinks (full kitchen!) and found no ice in the freezer - the previous tenants used it all and it wasn't replaced. I called housekeeping and was told that I could walk a hundred yards or so to the ice machine. I walked down there, but there were no ice buckets. I walked back and searched our room thoroughly - no ice bucket. I walked back to the manager’s office and was met with a "closed" sign (at 4:00). I called the desk at the golf club and explained the situation. A few minutes later, a woman walked up to our cabin (the manager?), looking furious (?!), handed me a bucket of ice and said "enjoy" through clenched teeth. I was a little surprised at this - my request was reasonable, and I had been nice about it. We had drinks on our deck and watched the deer - relaxing!

Everything else was great, except that our TV didn't work very well. I normally don't even watch TV, but the US Open was on and we are big tennis fans.

We watched the Open in the lounge at the golf club. The dining room and lounge staff were great, they make terrific drinks and were friendly. The restaurant was of good quality and the prices were more than fair. I had a huge chicken salad, bread, and a nice bowl of soup for $10. We had prime rib dinners for $18 each the next night - and enough leftover for lunch the next day. They also have a lot of vegetarian fare and seafood and a huge dessert variety.

My husband got a great massage from the spa - I noticed their prices were good and I plan to book a half day package next time (you have to book those in advance). There is also golf, tennis, a nearby beach with boat rentals, a cute town to eat and shop in, and an awesome mountain. They have some great winter packages and we plan to come back!

• Stayed September 2004
11 Thank tennis_travelers
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 27 July 2004

I spent two days in a lake front chalet at the Mt Shasta Resort. It was wonderful! The grounds were beautiful and rustic. The room was spacious, very clean, and well appointed. And the staff was incredibly helpful.

The restaurant, however, left a little to be desired. I felt that for the quality, it was overpriced. There are many charming restaurants in Mt Shasta, so by no means are visitors tied to eating in the resort.

If you are planning a trip to Mt Shasta, I would definitely recommend making a reservation at the Mt Shasta Resort - early. The rooms tend to book quickly.

16 Thank anne_lh
Comfort Inn Mount Shasta Area
Mt. Shasta Inn and Suites
Mt. Shasta Inn and Suites
#4 of 9 in Mount Shasta

Been to Mount Shasta Resort? Share your experiences!