Our first mistake was in thinking that a chalet "near the lake" at a "resort" that boasts "lakeside" chalets would afford access to the lake. Unfortunately, there are no real views of the lake, even from the "lakeside" chalets, except through many trees. There is no lake access and no point from which one can even view the lake. The picnic areas are small plots next to the parking areas, far from most of the units, and nowhere near any alleged lake views. The "chalet" was very clean and quite spacious. Many windows do not open, and the "fireplace" was a gaslog on a timer that afforded no heat whatsoever. The kitchen dishes were adequate, but the cooking capability was below expectation (no broiler pan, two of the four electric burners inoperable, toaster frequently did not work). The plastic glasses for the bathroom and sandpaper tissues were very cheap touches for this fairly expensive place. Our queen sized bed mattress and box spring were extremely low quality and very unsupportive. We requested a bed board or another, firmer mattress, but our request was ignored without apology. The deck on the front of the chalet overlooked the parking lot, driveway, and other chalets. We were next to the manager's building, and the housekeepers' chatting outside of the building, coupled with the noise from the busy road behind the chalet made for a very unpeaceful setting. The decks are supplied with uncomfortable plastic chairs.
As disappointing as the chalet was, the golf course experience was extraordinary. The views are spectacular, and even though play was slow because there was a large tournament and another large group playing, we quite enjoyed the course. The proshop personnel were apologetic and very pleasant. We also enjoyed a very reasonably-priced dinner in the restaurant, which was staffed with charming and attentive personnel.
When the front desk clerk asked how our stay was, she was unprepared for our comments and ungracious and unapologetic in her response.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled at the base of beautiful Mount Shasta is one of Northern California's finest All-Season Resorts. Mount Shasta Resort encompasses all that you could ask for when searching for a place to stay and play. After 18 holes of golf, dine in our beautiful restaurant or relax more casually in our family friendly lounge. Unwind amidst some of the most pristine landscape imaginable in our Chalet accommodations with separate kitchenette, dining room, deck, and living room with a cozy gas fireplace. Be sure to visit the Evergreen Day Spa after a long day of skiing, fishing or golfing, for total relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mount Shasta Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Shasta Hotel Mount Shasta
- Mt Shasta Resort
- Mount Shasta Resort California