“Revisiting an old favorite”
Review of Lily's

Lily's
Ranked #1 of 43 Restaurants in Mount Shasta
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Lilys has returned to Mt. Shasta under the original ownership of Ron and Arlene! We are once again offering fantastic food and service for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner daily and Brunch on the weekends. We look forward to seeing you again!
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

The latest re/opening of one of my favorite Mt Shasta restaurants gave me an opportunity to find another reason to love this little gem. Windows all around the spacious main dining room make for an airy dining experience if the outdoor courtyard is not suitable for the weather. I had a beautifully presented salmon dish...a small tower of fresh greens, crisp thin potato threads, perfect crusted salmon, tapenade and tomato confit. The micro greens were crisp and fresh. Attentive service. Adequate wine. I love eating here

2  Thank Donna B

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I love this quaint restaurant! I sat at a corner table over looking the rose garden. I had the most delicious breakfast I've had in a long time. It was a salmon frittata with chivre and capers and the potatoes that come with are amazing! The coffee was delicious too. I always stop here when I pass through Mt Shasta. Just remember however, they close from 2:00 to 5:00 which is really a bummer -- so call ahead and check their hours. Oh, and by the way, you might see that the restaurant is closed on the internet but they are very much open. So, I spent $21 with the tip but it was soooooooooo worth it!

3  Thank Ayurclaire
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Our friend suggested Lily's for dinner. We had a very pleasant meal indeed. The service and food were excellent. I had the beet salad and the mushroom risotto. The risotto portion was generous. I had to ask for a leftovers box. I also loved the relaxing ambience, the outside greenery, etc. We will definitely return the next time we pass through the area.

1  Thank Mike N Sally S
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Lilly's had become pretty average under the interim management that had taken it over two or so years ago. What a surprise! The old management is back and the food is again very good indeed. We had lunches there on the patio on three separate occasions during our recent stay and the kitchen and service never disappointed. Refined to some degree with excellent vegetarian choices. Not cheap but worth the extra dollars. P.S. They close early afternoon which we found annoying. Also closed some days during week. Call to find out.

1  Thank John K
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I am sad to write this review. We have been to the original Lily's and have now been twice to the reopened Lily's. The food was OK - very small portions - no bread (or, if there is any you would have to pay extra for it). The chicken was on a huge pile of very bland mashed potatoes - and the portion of chicken had to be around 4 ounces. The pork was much more tasty, but a lot of gristle. The wine selection and prices are way out of line - a glass of Cavit Pinot Grigio for $9... you can buy a bottle for $6! Also, although we liked our waitress a lot - overall the service for dinner was very slow (and there were only 4 tables taken when we arrived).

The two "good" things were the service (our waitress - Brianna - was very nice and knowledgeable) and the charcuterie plate. Desserts were nice, but not anything special.

Overall just OK...