“Spotty Electricity”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Mount Shasta
San Francisco
“Spotty Electricity”
Reviewed 9 October 2006

I stayed at this hotel in September 2006 for 3 nights, while in town for business. The first two nights were fine, but the last night was horrible. After being out all day in meetings, I get to the hotel at about 9:00 p.m. only to discover that there was no power to any of the outlets on the wall with the TV, the desk, and the minbar. The logical conclusion, of couse, is that a fuse must have blown. When I called down to the front desk, an attendant came up. Despite my telling her that it was the entire wall that was not getting any power, as evidenced by the lamp not turning on, she insisted on seeing if the TV was plugged in. After a few minutes, she said her husband would check it when he returned in 30 minutes or they could transfer me to another room. Since I was planning on leaving the next day, and was already tired, I chose not to move.

About 10 minutes later, however, the light came back. I assumed the problem was resolved. At about midnight, however, the power went off again, so I went to sleep thinking that it would be on by morning. Unfortunately, no such luck.

When I called down the next morning to complain about the power still being down, the attendant started asking me what had I plugged into the wall. When I said it was out when I got back to the room, and nothing was plugged in, his response was basically that sometimes these things happen. I told him that as a frequent business traveler, I have never had the power go out in my room. They were totally clueless!

• Liked — It had a microwave
  • Disliked — Electrical problems, support staff
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled on business
3 Thank roaming-gal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 October 2006

Newly renovated, very, very, very clean, staff is extremely hospitable. Walking distance to "shopping district"-stores, restaurants & laundromat. Small refrigerator & microwave in room. Stayed with friend for 1 week and enjoyed every minute! Jacuzzi was great at the end of a long day of mountain hiking! We will return!

Northern CA
Reviewed 24 September 2006

We have visited Mt. Shasta for 20 years and have tried nearly all the other motels, until 6 years ago when we found the BEST in Mt. Shasta Inn and Suites! We found DC, owner, manager, and his very kind and helpful family. AND we found rooms that are immpecably clean, comfortable, with a micro and frig, plus a little couch for reading. The beds are just heaven! I am a woman who is mobility disabled and in a lot of pain, and have been the recipient of graciousness and help from DC. Two winters ago at Christmas time we got stuck in our car on the Siskyious as they closed the road-for almost 8 hours-instead of arriving at 7pm, we arrived at 2:30am. DC held our room after a phone call. He also called us to see if we were OK. When we arrived, exhausted, I managed to get stuck in the snow by the driveway of the Inn. DC came out with a male relative and helped my friend dig away the snow and put back on chains! It took over an hour and was very cold! For us, this demonstrates extra customer service.

Several times we have reserved two nights, but decided to stay longer for visits to the scared mountain, and enjoy wonderful time hanging out in town. We have stayed there 7 nights in a row two or three times! We go in the heat, the rain, the snow, and inbetween. I feel safe and secure at Mt. Shasta Inn and Suites!
We are DELIGHTED there are no pets! This means no smells, no noise, no stains, no barking. DC is very clear about no pets. I think that ignoring that rule and then complaining is a bit much. We are also glad to have no smoking-again no smell, no spoiled air or allergies. Again, I say, Mt. Shasta Inn and Suites is the BEST proven to us after over 30 overnight stays! GO there, you will relax and enjoy yourself.

• Liked — Cleanliness and the staff
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Tips/Secrets — Call desk if you are going to be late, leave pets at home, relax and enjoy yourself.
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with friends
3 Thank gleeful
Oregon
Reviewed 12 September 2006

I stayed at The Mount Shasta Inn & Suites over the Labor Day weekend. The rooms are spacious, new, very clean, with a welcoming decor. The bed was the most comfortable I've ever experienced in a motel. It was obvious the owners take pride in their Inn. The grounds are beautiful with many flowering petunias and other landscaping. The room walls are thick and completely block out the whistles from the many trains that pass through Mt. Shasta. The management is very firm about their commitment to no pets on the grounds or in the rooms. The morning breakfast consisted only of two types of generic cereal, milk, and juice. For the price of the room, I expected more choices for breakfast. The management was friendly, and helpful. Door locks were top quality and I felt very safe. I would recommend this Inn to others.

• Stayed September 2006
4 Thank OregonDucks
Tampa
Reviewed 9 September 2006

I was climbing Mt. Shasta during the last weekend in August. I was in search of a clean, reasonably priced, and friendly hotel.
I found all of those at Mt. Shasta Inn and Suites.

I needed a good place to stay and mentally prepare for my climb; and after my climb I needed a place to recuperate and rest. This hotel fit the bill perfectly.

In my profession I stay at many hotels and I must comment that this hotel has VERY comfortable beds. The rooms are quiet, spacious and clean. Bathrooms are well equipped.

If you have pets remember they have a "no pets" policy.

I was happy with my choice of staying at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2006, travelled solo
2 Thank ClimberGuy
Humboldt County, California95540
Reviewed 30 August 2006

When we go to enjoy beautiful Mt. Shasta it's the ONLY place we'll stay! We love the owners/staff cleanest rooms we've ever had and when they so no pets/they mean it. I LOVE that!!

• Liked — "DC" the nicest hotel owner we've ever met!
  • Disliked — when we got scolded for taking out our dog from our van for a walk and found no pets even on property! (oops)
  • Tips/Secrets — leave fido home ~ they'll enjoy the break from you anyways (smile)
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled on business
1 Thank Emerged
Bay Area, California
Reviewed 26 August 2006

Stayed here one night in August at the end of a 9-day trip through Oregon. The room is large -- had an odd cleaning supply smell -- but the beds were very comfortable. Had to keep the drapes closed -- there was a house directly behind the motel and it felt like our first floor room was in their back yard.

The owner was nice but a bit odd. We had given a credit card as a guarantee, yet he called 3 times (and 1 text message) between 6:30 and 7pm to inquire where we were and when we'd get there. I usually don't answer my cell when I'm having fun with my family, but he just kept calling.

When we got there he kept bad-mouthing the other hotels in town saying that they would give away your room even with a credit card guarantee, but he didn't do that... maybe because he keeps calling to interrupt your vacation day? When I made the reservation he was critical of the other hotels as well -- making a big point about pets and cleanliness. The cleanliness of the room was fine (other than the cleaning smell), but he can make his points without going on and on about how bad the other hotels in town are.

All in all, the stay was fine -- nothing great, nothing terrible.

Stayed July 2006
Comfort Inn Mount Shasta Area
Mount Shasta Resort
Mount Shasta Resort
#2 of 9 in Mount Shasta

Been to Mt. Shasta Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!