“Enjoyed it!”
Review of Cold Creek Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mount Shasta
Cold Creek Inn
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Mount Shasta
Reviewed 3 October 2011

First of all if you are going to stay the night in Mt. Shasta you never know what you are going to get, but I REALLY liked this place. We spent a very nice weekend here in mid September while fishing the McCloud river and could not have been more content. It is no five star resort but really clean, friendly, and has a cute little picnic area where we BBQ'd our catch. I would most certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ScottCongdon
There are newer reviews for Cold Creek Inn

Reviewed 16 September 2011

My family and I have lived in Mount shasta for 20 years. My mother owns and opperates her own business. My Grandparents parents came down to visit my mother for the weekend and wanted to stay at the Cold Creek Inn. Mother wanted to pay cash for the room, and because she has lived in Mount Shasta for 20 Years (is a respected local) did not think that would be problem. The owner told my mother that she had to have a credit card because my 80 year old grandparents might trash the room or hang from the ceiling! REALLY?? This owner first of all need to use her words wisley and second learn some customer services skills!! NONE OF OUR FAMLIY WILL EVER STAY HERE AND WE WILL MAKE SURE ALL PEOPLE KNOW HOW RUDE THE OWNER IS!! The other staff were great, polite and apologetic. I am sorry that sweet people have to work for a dragon lady!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Alishia M
Ella_Eleanor, President at Cold Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2011

I am glad you choose to stay at the Cold Creek Inn despite the fact that we require a credit card on file or a cash deposit to hold in the event of any damage to the room or property. Unfortunately, it is a reality in our business that we need to have some recourse in the event of damage or other boundaries being broken. This is a standard industry practice. My joke that your party might "swing from the chandeliers" was of course meant to be funny!! I arrived when your party was already very upset at our policy and had been complaining to the front desk staff for 30 minutes and I was attempting to defuse the situation. We don't have any chandeliers at our modest, but VERY CLEAN & COZY downtown Mt. Shasta motel. I regret trying to make light of what you where experiencing. I realize that not being able to only pay for the room with no deposit or credit card on file was not within your range of tolerance. I am imagining you wanted to be recognized as a neighbor and a respected community member. Thank you for your business, all the staff appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 11 August 2011

We had a great stay. The room was better than we expected and even had continental breakfast included. Room & bathroom are small but the very comfortable pillow top bed and feather pillows made us feel like we were at a more expensive hotel in the city. The room did not have a kitchen but did have refrig, microwave, coffee maker & flat screen cable tv. There was even individual packets of oatmeal and popcorn in the room. The continential breakfast was all pre-packaged and had good selection (juice/fruit cups/applesauce/pastry) and trail bars for snacks for later in the day or to take on our hike. Grocery store a couple of blocks away if you want to eat in your room. A couple of blocks walk to town and is right on the main street . Road noise was fine and infrequent at night. There is a train across the street but only went by a couple of times during the weekend. The train did not bother us and rumble was over quickly.
We'll definitely stay here again and was a fabulous value over the other much higher priced motels in town.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jojo2trvl
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I had a good night's sleep at the Cold Creek Inn. I was impressed with the friendliness of the woman in the office, the improvements to the room (including remodeled bathroom) and the lovely view of Mt. Shasta from the bathroom window. The breakfast was packaged carbs. Fresh fruit would be appreciated.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank CarolDavis48
Reviewed 18 July 2011

On our last night of a ten day road trip, we decided to stay in Mt Shasta, go for a hike, relax before heading home to Mill Valley. We happened upon this place as they appeared as a Pet Friendly locale, but we never expected the warmth, great room (well rooms, we had a bedroom, kitchen and living room). We were thrilled and a bit tired, so we made dinner in our kitchen, watched a movie on their HD TV and toasted our last night with a nice bottle of wine in true comfort. We will tell anyone heading this way to stay there.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelinGal44
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Rooms are small but very clean. We were quite comfortable. We felt at home. Breakfast is very basic but do-able. This is a great value all around. We will go back... Remember to make reservations over big summer holiday weekends!

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We were a group of three single ladies, desiring to each have our own bed and tour the Shasta area. The lovely receptionist answering the phone knew exactly what we needed, and we had a two bedroom room with a small little kitchenette for two nights. It was recently remodeled and suited the bill perfectly. They supply little snacks and coffee and juices. The only downside was the train running across the road at all hours of the day and night. I would go back again, though.

Room Tip: Call in advance if there is something special hap.
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Comfort Inn Mount Shasta Area
Mt. Shasta Inn and Suites
Mt. Shasta Inn and Suites
#4 of 9 in Mount Shasta

Been to Cold Creek Inn? Share your experiences!