We stayed at the Shasta MountInn for an unusually long time - 11 nights. David was a wonderful host and really made us feel welcome. Having access to the small upstairs guest kitchen and (due to our prolonged stay) David's laundry facilities made our vacation more comfortable, and enabled us to pack our own lunches and either make dinner or stretch take-out dinners over two nights. Because this little B&B attracts people who are a bit outside the US mainstream culture (as are we), we enjoyed meeting other guests at breakfast, even though we are not usually that social early in the morning. Because of all the shared facilities, this would also be a great place to share a vacation with one or more other couples. David's breakfasts are wholesome and well prepared, and he is very flexible about accommodating dietary restrictions and preferences. Snacks like fruit and cookies are available for guests at all times in the downstairs kitchen. Each room has a DVD player, and David has a library of movies to borrow, as well as books. The beds were divine - if you are used to a Tempurpedic, you will feel right at home. The view of Mount Shasta from the house is wonderful, and David recently installed a little artificial (but very naturalistic) stream running through the lovely garden next to the house that burbles you to sleep in the most delightful way, if you leave the windows open a bit. We look forward to staying with David again the next time we visit Mount Shasta.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When seeking lodging in beautiful Mount Shasta, why stay in hotels when you can be pampered in a Victorian era bed and breakfast with incredible views of Mt. Shasta? Built in 1904 by master carpenter and Mayor of Mount Shasta Richie Edson this gorgeous home was restored to architectural beauty with lots of natural wood, crown moldings, three decks and fireplaces. The splendor of the wood and craftsmanship will astonish you and the views will captivate you. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Shasta Mountinn Retreat Hotel Mount Shasta
- Shasta Mountinn Retreat And Spa
- Shasta MountInn Retreat & Spa Mount Shasta, California