“Wonderful stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Shasta
Shasta MountInn Retreat & Spa
Ranked #1 of 8 Mount Shasta B&B and Inns
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed a night at David's lovely B&B. What a wonderful place. The rooms were cozy, the jacuzzi perfect, the garden was super relaxing, and the breakfast was a feast! David's also an amazing host and human being. I will most definitely return one day. Thank you thank you!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Robert V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Earlier this week we had the pleasure of staying at the Shasta MountInn Retreat and it could not have been more perfect. Even before we arrived, David made us feel welcome and at home. The property is beautiful - - clean, elegant, well appointed, quiet... Our bed was a Tempurpedic! I've never slept in a more comfortable bed outside of my own home. The place is nestled on a pretty property off of a quiet street, and it has fantastic views of Mt. Shasta. Each night we sat in a perfect swing and listened to the 'babbling brook' on his property while watching the mountain.
But what makes MountInn Retreat the most wonderful b&b we've ever visited is David, the owner. David is indeed the 'ultimate host' as others have described. He is kind, welcoming, and nurturing. He somehow intuited what we wanted and needed before we even did. Spending time with David actually made us want to move to Mt. Shasta. And aside from being a fantastic person, he is a phenomenal cook. Our breakfasts were delicious, and made with organic, quality ingredients (fresh farm eggs, etc.). Love love his pancakes! We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Edson Room. It is quiet, cool, has a lovely bathroom, a fireplace and great breezes...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Ashland, Oregon
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Another reviewer referred to David as "the ultimate host," and now we know why. As he toured us around the beautiful and well-appointed grounds, he told us that he wanted us to feel like we were at home, with the only difference being that we didn't have to clean up. This is truly possible at this wonderful retreat! My wife has special food restrictions, and David took those in stride, making sure that she got a different cooked breakfast that met those needs on each of the three mornings of our stay, even while making sure that I and all of his other guests were getting meals we would enjoy. (Imagine a host asking each set of guests, "What do you like to eat?" and then making there wishes come true!) The beds and pillows are very comfortable, there are many places to sit and relax, both inside and out. There is a snack cabinet with delicious snacks available at any hour, a nice large refrigerator to store food in, and we were encouraged to use the kitchen if we wanted to cook for ourselves. I could go on and on, but I'd suggest that you stop reading and book a room. You'll be glad you did!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Twin Peaks room, and we loved it!
Port Orange, Florida
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is one of the best bed and breakfast places I have ever stayed. normally I prefer a Marriott so I can predict what I will experience.

The beds are amazing, the atmosphere is warm and caring. The breakfasts are cooked to order. David even washed our car. Beautiful setting, beautiful views.

Albion
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Every possible need I had (and some I did not know I had) were provided by the ultimate host, David, like a foot and lower leg massager. All rooms have view of the mountain and the breakfasts are elegance and delicious. Only a block from town and restaurants and on the road up to the mountain. It is the best!

• Stayed June 2014
Fairfax, California
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I came for 2 nights after climbing Shasta and stayed an extra night. So glad I did. From my Magic Mountain room I had a view of Mt Shasta, Black Butte and Mt Eddy and maybe even a little way into my future!
Yes, the bathroom was across the hall but it has the most adorable round window that opens without swinging in or out, (go ahead and figure that one out!) and the atmosphere of the house feels so private that it's not an issue.
Plus, as I was solo I didn't need a romantic setting...this time. When that time comes though, we'll be back because David has created a sanctuary here that weaves its own particular, seductive magic.
His attention to detail means the gorgeous old home is solidly remodeled, no squeeky floors or doors, everything glides and works like a charm. The surrounding garden is beautiful, filled with roses and best of all, David's hospitality is gracious, thoughtful and genuine. Oh, and he tells the greatest stories too!
The hot tub is privacy screened, I bet a lot of smooching has gone on out there. There are robe hooks and stacks of great towels out there and in the bathrooms.
There's a spotless fridge upstairs where guests can stash leftovers or chill some wine, and of course the location is perfect.
With some after effects from the climb and altitude sickness, I scheduled a massage with David. I think it was the best massage I've ever had! Thank you David for being the kind of host every traveler hopes to have and rarely does. I've found my Shasta 'home'.

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful, since you can hear the flowing (manmade) stream that is a lovely part o...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sunlineage
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband and I are beyond pleased with our choice and our stay. Beyond words. The energy as soon as you walk in is just really pleasant. You can literally feel or sense a good flow. I would describe the Inn as cozy, serene, warm, and peaceful. We have taken advantage of almost all the amenities besides the sauna. The jacuzzi is amazing, the hammock delightful with a perfect view of another pyramid like peak, the swinging chairs give a sense of peace, the leg massagers in the relaxation room an absolute gift, the grass on the grounds is soft on the feet and might make you want to dance. David is extremely sweet and his service level above and beyond. I have worked in hospitality and if he didn't work for himself, he would be a star employee of any 5 star hotel. He anticipates needs and offers conversation and advice to make your stay the best he possibly can. Oh, and his breakfasts are divine feasts!

We were staying here mainly to be in Mt. Shasta before a retreat but now I feel like this was a retreat in of itself. We were not planning on staying an extra day after the retreat but because it has been so delightful here, we asked David if he had a room the night of our retreat ending so that we could enjoy an extension of what we came here for. Total relaxation.

I absolutely recommend staying here and I know if we come back to Mt. Shasta this is the only place I would stay.

(Thank you David!)

Room Tip: All the rooms here are great in different ways. We stayed in the Twin Peaks room which offers a vie...