“Great Food!!!”

Black Bear Diner - Mt. Shasta
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Mount Shasta
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Shady Cove, Oregon
“Great Food!!!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is a restaurant that has large portions and is not necessarily geared to the health conscious...Having said that, our food had generous amounts of food and tasted great! This is a fun family restaurant! The only problem we had was service. There were multiple employees sitting at the counter while there was a customer back-up at the entrance. This is not good because it looks like no one is managing the place! Also, the employees were all checking their cellphones, etc, and that seemed rude. Just a thought...........

Mount Shasta, California
“Great location, food is not for the health conscious”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have modest expectations when I eat at a diner and this diner in Mt Shasta is no exception...we enjoy their food and particularly their handmade shakes and french fries...not a healthy meal per se, but quite comforting...also great that they have accessible hours of service. We live locally and definitely when we crave comfort food this eatery meets our needs.

• Visited February 2014
West Simsbury, Connecticut
“Would not go back”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Went for a late breakfast. I think they used Robin eggs for my 2 scrambled eggs as the portion was so miniscule. My daughter got eggs benedict and you could not even see the eggs through all the Hollandaise sauce. She shoveled it off and it filled 1/3 of the plate. Pretty gross. Staff was not welcoming at all. When I checked out the woman (manager maybe) took care of the person in front of me and then left me there to wait to pay. Did not ask how the meal was but asked the person in back of me. Not a good experience.

1 Thank Laura22211
Round Rock, Texas
“Very Bad!”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I very seldom have a really negative thought on a restaurant but this place deserves one.

We have eaten at Black Bear Diner in Vegas and had a nice breakfast. So we thought we would stop at the original Black Bear and have another nice breakfast. Was that ever a mistake! When we walked in we were seated in the dining area to the right of the front door. There was five empty tables. After waiting for 15 minutes to have someone come take our order I finally caught the eye of one of the waiters who was actually headed to another table that came in after us. He made no effort to apologize for the long wait, just "What would you like?" When our breakfast finally arrived it was barely warm and tasteless. I don't know how you can ruin bacon and eggs but they can. We only ate about a third of breakfast and paid and walked out. We wont be going back there again!

Prices are way to high for the bad service and poorly prepared meals. We wont go back again!

2 Thank dusters34
Ketchikan, Alaska
“3.5 stars”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I had breakfast here and overall, had a good experience. Nothing was truly outstanding but it was good. I've eaten at BBDs before and have experienced consistent service, food and prices that seem in-line with what I'm getting for portion size and quality.