“Too bad it is the only hotel in the area.”

Best Western Plus Tree House
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Mount Shasta
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I have stayed at a lot of hotels and have never come across this sort of terrible customer service! They were rude to my husband and I at every turn! Our door would not open and when we went to the front dest to ask why.. they were annoyed and relunctantly went back with us to show us that we were wrong and the door was fine... Turns out.. it has a trick! You needed to put the card in then pull in and then turn the handle! They could have told us that!!!!! We had asked for a King bed when we made resirvations and then were told too bad when we checked in and the rool had 2 queens. The bar tender completely ignored us and it was really hot in the hotel and they decided to build a fire ! CRAZY... I will come up again but i wont stay at the tree top! I would rather save my monty and stay in a dive... at least you get what you pay for there.

Room Tip: Camping on the lake would be better.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TiffanyHemp

Reviewed 21 May 2012

1) Great quiet rooms
2)Breakfast and dinner are great.
I enjoy the staff here.
They treat you like you are family.
Out in the back they have a indoor pool and spa.
In the Winder you can look outside and watch it snow in the heated pool or the spa.
The rooms are very clean.
Families are welcome.
If you snow ski, Mt Shasta Ski Park is close.
Just do not get rowdy as management runs a nice place.
This is a gem!!!!

Room Tip: A great year round establishment!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Dobbins60
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Location is conveniently located right off I-5 and is within walking distance of downtown. Rooms are comfortable and good size with refrigerators and microsaves. Service was good. Only complaint with the room was that bedside reading lights were inadequate. Complimentary breakfast was decent.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HARRY M
Reviewed 20 May 2012

This motel has the thinnest cheapest blanket and bedspread, impossible to stay warm. This is so unusual that I did not even think to check it out ahead of time until too late to do anything about it. Don't understand because everything else is really great: the room itself, the mattress, cleanliness and the excellent full breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: Check out the bed covers and ask for extra blankets ahead of time so that you get a good night's...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Barb1606
Reviewed 20 May 2012

This motel is right off of the freeway and within walking distance of Rite Aid and many fast food restaurants. Front desk checkin was a breeze, and I thought the staff was very nice and customer-service oriented. Room was clean, but when I came back to my room today (staying two nights), the housekeeper didn't put the bedspread (or whatever the thing at the bottom of the bed is called) back on the bed but left it in a chair. Maybe an oversight....may be not. I have a nice view of Mt. Shasta. Room is quiet. Management may want to think about remodeling....popcorn ceiling and one wall is some kind of wood, which I am sure is part of the rustic "feeling" one is supposed to have when they stay here.

TV gets lots of channels, which I appreciated. Lighting is really bad, so if you are here for work or want to read a book, you are out of luck. Again, that could be changed with a remodel job. These lamps are OLD!!!

Breakfast was fine. Had prime rib dinner which was just OK. Service was good in restaurant. Bar always had people in it, so that must be the place to go!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank K8Mac1
Reviewed 12 May 2012

The hotel is very conveniently located right off the freeway, but just far enough so that freeway noise is not a problem. Rooms are clean and comfortable. We had a mountain facing room that gave us a great view of majestic Mount Shasta. The wireless internet was fast and responsive by hotel standards. The occasional train noise mentioned by other reviewers was not much of a problem.

There is one major problem though that is important for travelers like myself who suffer from asthma. The AC/heating units of the first/second floor mountain-facing rooms in building 1, one of which we had originally, are directly in the smoke path of the chimney above the nearby lobby, where a fireplace burns practically day and night. As a result, the air in those rooms is always filled with wood smoke. The smoke comes through even when heat or AC are turned off, so there is no way to avoid that.

I know that some travelers don't mind or will even like this - I overheard an elderly couple in the breakfast area comment on "how nice it is that you can smell the fireplace even in the rooms", but if you are sensitive to wood smoke, you'll be miserable. I was. I eventually complained about it, and to the hotel's credit, they understood and immediately switched me into a better room with a (superior) mountain view that was getting fresh air basically 99% of the time.

The new room was in the 3rd flow of the newer looking building 3. It was more spacious, had a superior mountain view, larger fridge, newer (flat) TV plus a balcony, and a quieter, more modern heating unit. The unit in the original room was rather loud and prone to rattling.

The last night we spent there was enjoyable and relaxed.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rboerner
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I have stayed here 3 times in the past 3 years and each time has been wonderful. The people are friendly and efficient. The waitstaff greeted us each morning with a smile. Theregular rooms are a good size, with comfortable beds and furniture, also a fridge and microwave.
The suites easily accomidated our 5 people and two small dogs. Yes, they are pet friendly with lots of open space for walks.
The Treehouse was built with gorgeous local wood ....it added to the charm.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountain.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
McCloud Hotel
McCloud Hotel
#1 of 3 in McCloud
McCloud Mercantile Hotel

Been to Best Western Plus Tree House? Share your experiences!